Congrats Pakistan

Texy

you're officially the most unpredictable team in this tournament! All the animosity and hatred that I have for you aside...... you were awesome today as a cricket team.... Dhoni needs to get some inspiration from this and not be selfish. P.S. Abdul Razzaq is amazing! this guy is a real danger.......came back to Int'l cricket after 2 years and right away took 2 wickets! wow

Same here! 4 down and Afridi comes in...what I don't understand is after a good series in UAE v Aus including with bat, why he didn't bat sensibly like that (as in today's match) v Eng and SL...makes no sense. Play yourself in and get your eye in for a few balls and get some runs- then hit...I don't know, too late now I guess

I didn't watch the game and obviously gutted NZ lost but kudos to Pakistan. I still think Pakistan cricket team is no good but one of their blokes once in a while performs miracle to win a crucial game like Gul did last night. Just that Pakistan has to hope one of these blokes pull it off against a team when in desperate need. Again the Pakistan cricket fans should have zero expectation otherwise they will be disappointed. When Pakistan wins it's a bonus for the fans as they didn't expect to win.

Just awesome display by Razzaq and Gul and Afridi.. This sets it up nicely for a semi final spot especially with the Net Run rate favoring Pakistan
You are so ill informed, Pakistan's net run rate is the third best. Behind NZ and SL :haha:
Seriously, give me a break The shyttest team in the tournament, purely by the virtue of a win over a minnow makes it to the super - 8. Pakistan in the semi final ? oh pluzzzz, whatever. There are more deserving teams that should have gotten through
sorry...who did u guyz beat to get into the super 8?

so now beating holland n injury hit NZ makes them dangerous n unpredictable but yes congrats Pak for finaly not screwing games you should win. Even if Pak wins the whole thing , they still would be a talentless team in trouble. Bar Younis and maybe Gul name one quality player in Pak side, yes they have a few avg plays and when all or one click they might cause an upset (eg 1st ODI against Aus the afridi game) but in a longer run will still be a rubbish side.

sorry...who did u guyz beat to get into the super 8?
we are still the champs so till we arent eliminated we will be champs by-the-way did you forget we beat your sorry ***** not once but TWICE last time, beat the crap again in warmup, so till you dont win this thing dont open you mouth
Even if Pak wins the whole thing ' date=' they still would be a talentless team in trouble. [/quote'] But they would be the 20-20 World Champions and we would not. After watching their performance yesterday, I am half hoping that they would win the title. What a remarkable story it would be.
But they would be the 20-20 World Champions and we would not. After watching their performance yesterday, I am half hoping that they would win the title. What a remarkable story it would be.
DO you actually believe they can beat SA, SL (or maybe even India) in semi and final ?
we are still the champs so till we arent eliminated we will be champs by-the-way did you forget we beat your sorry ***** not once but TWICE last time' date=' beat the crap again in warmup, so till you dont win this thing dont open you mouth[/quote'] asked a simple question and seems like u are not understanding what my question was. "till pill chill champ mamp sore loose er...mer ker" is that what u said?

Good win for them. New zealand's primary strength is chasing totals. I don't know why he opted to field first. They back themselves to chase any total. But NZ always fails against Pakistan in world cups. Nothing new there. But without Taylor and Ryder their team sucks big time.

Pakistan Team is not so bad as it looked in the past couple of games. They got the RAW Talent, and also the Untested Talent (untested while they played little cricket and had no cup like ICL) So, it took long for Pakistan to find out the right players for this CUP. Like: 1. Butt is not a 20/20 Player 2. Ahmad Shehzad is also not a 20/20 player. 3. 20/20 needs big hitters (like India has at moment), and here we learned only yesterday that this Guy "Shahzaib Hassan" has the Talent to hit sixes (and this Power hitting was the biggest problem of Pakistan in last couple of games). 4. Now Pakistan has 2 explosive Power Hitters i.e. Shahzaib and Razzaq. Pakistan looked ordinary in last couple of games while this Power hitting was missing in their game. 5. Finally Fawad Alam has also got the chance. Although he has still not proved himself and sending him at No. 7 is absolutely wastage of his Talent, but still in case of any Collapse we know that Fawad Alam is there who although could not hit big, but he has the ability to play till end and not to get out. 6. M. Aamir is much better bowler than Sohail Tanvir and Rao. He has also been recently discovered. If Gul comes back in form, then Pakistani Bowling Attack again seems to becoming dangerous (although not against INDIA as they play spin very well). Rest all the GOORA Teams feel it difficult to play spin trio of Afridi, Malik and Saeed Ajmal. Even Sri Lankan batsmen showed respect to these Spin bowlers. So, the things has started settling down for Pakistan. I don't know about this 20/20, but for next 20/20 Cup next year, Pakistan would be even much better team than this year (i.e. Inclusion of Imran Nazir and Nasir Jamshed).