Dhoni...

raina did not had much practice as dhoni came @ no.3 and played his tuk tuk there and when he saw fidel and taylor bowling pace and movement off the track too he was scared and pushed raina and yuvi ahead of him he just played that dice to save himself from openeing overs and he ll be happy playing part timers in windies camp....hes no class player and its better he understands that :whack: him for doing injustice to raina and YKP...hes using them like a puppet in his hands....:hitler:
I think thats part of the strategy...I cannot see anything wrong in that ... As dhoni explained in post match conference... Gambhir was already playing a sheet anchor role so there is no point him coming in first down...
I think thats part of the strategy...I cannot see anything wrong in that ... As dhoni explained in post match conference... Gambhir was already playing a sheet anchor role so there is no point him coming in first down...
ow fk the strategy.. all bull.. so wat happend against Bangles.. why did he come then at 3 when Gambhir was batting..

Guys please relax, why is everyone behind Dhoni? He is a great keeper and we all know that. Every always have bad games, look at Boucher, Ramdin and Mcculum they are nowhere near Dhoni. England will play two spinners tomorrow Rashid and Swan and they are likely to bring Dhoni his old form. He will hit six sixes tomorrow to increase his strike rate. Also, please have some support for our kaptan. Be positive yaar

ow fk the strategy.. all bull.. so wat happend against Bangles.. why did he come then at 3 when Gambhir was batting..
It was better for Dhoni to find some form against the minnows, anyway no harm done we thrashed both the minnows just lost to one(wi), in a few hours time we are facing one more minnow, can't wait to thrash them and be positive yaar:dance:
Guys please relax' date=' why is everyone behind Dhoni? He is a great keeper and we all know that. Every always have bad games, look at Boucher, Ramdin and Mcculum they are nowhere near Dhoni. England will play two spinners tomorrow Rashid and Swan and they are likely to bring Dhoni his old form. [b']He will hit six sixes tomorrow to increase his strike rate. Also, please have some support for our kaptan. Be positive yaar
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Strategy changes for each game according to the team ...:--D...He knows he cannot attack the pace bowling like raina & yuvi .. thats y he came after them in WI match ...Nothing wrong in it ...
Strategy changes for each game according to the team ...:--D...He knows he cannot attack the pace bowling like raina & yuvi .. thats y he came after them in WI match ...Nothing wrong in it ...
yea strategy is jus a cool name to float it around to save his ass.. its better for the team if Dhoni put his ego down n accepts the fact tht hes just a batsman of very limited ability who relies only on brutal force...and let the better batsmen to take control n bat ahead of him.. he can nudge, prod around n score a 50 of 120 balls by singles n 2s in ODIs n get the no.s1 batsman ranking.. tht aint gonna work in T20.. i was ranting about this during IPL, but the his bootlickers here trolling around cuz i was supporting Badri.. load of tosh.. Dhoni was blaming all his bowlers and even made his fans to accept tht his bowlers where shyte... their bowlers werent great.. they r ordinary and everyone knows that.. so when ur bowlers look ordinary.. wat wud u do as a captain? u try to set a target tht ur bowlers can defend.. or bat 2nd n chase it down since u have got big hitters....but he nudged around takingn ugly singles n 2s n wasted balls n got to a average total.. and then come to the post match conf n blame the bowlers again.. very convenient hey! I also feared tht this is gonna cost indian team chances if this goes on.. and thts wat is happening now.. cheers..
Good question. Like kooljatt praises yuvi in ODIs and T20, and keep silent when he plays in Tests? :winky: Thing abt Dhoni is he is fully capable of playing an explosive ODI or T20 innings - but something is wrong with his attitude now, and he does not have much time left in this worldcup to correct it. Already, a bit too late and semis are in jeopardy.
Can you please post your suggestion ? Its very easy to whine about someone who is not in best of form. Ever heard about supporting your team and your captain .. have some faith
yea strategy is jus a cool name to float it around to save his ass.. its better for the team if Dhoni put his ego down n accepts the fact tht hes just a batsman of very limited ability who relies only on brutal force...and let the better batsmen to take control n bat ahead of him.. he can nudge, prod around n score a 50 of 120 balls by singles n 2s in ODIs n get the no.s1 batsman ranking.. tht aint gonna work in T20.. i was ranting about this during IPL, but the his bootlickers here trolling around cuz i was supporting Badri.. load of tosh.. Dhoni was blaming all his bowlers and even made his fans to accept tht his bowlers where shyte... their bowlers werent great.. they r ordinary and everyone knows that.. so when ur bowlers look ordinary.. wat wud u do as a captain? u try to set a target tht ur bowlers can defend.. or bat 2nd n chase it down since u have got big hitters....but he nudged around takingn ugly singles n 2s n wasted balls n got to a average total.. and then come to the post match conf n blame the bowlers again.. very convenient hey! I also feared tht this is gonna cost indian team chances if this goes on.. and thts wat is happening now.. cheers..
I don't completely agree with you ...His batting is not that bad as you are quoting here ... He has got strike rate of 100.75 in T20 and 125 in Twenty 20 international .... He was out of form lately ... He might not be technically correct but this guy is tallented batsmen with natural abilities...its matter of time he gets back to the form ....Tell me who is the other wicket keeper batsmen who can replace with his caliber ?
I don't completely agree with you ...His batting is not that bad as you are quoting here ... He has got strike rate of 100.75 in T20 and 125 in Twenty 20 international .... He was out of form lately ... He might not be technically correct but this guy is tallented batsmen with natural abilities...its matter of time he gets back to the form ....Tell me who is the other wicket keeper batsmen who can replace with his caliber ?
a SR of 100 is very poor in T20.. 1st lets get that clear pls.. i have nowhere said he shud b dropped.. hes a good wk and a good fielding captain.. his excuses are pathetic though.. do u know he even said he cudnt b there till the end against WI.. :haha:.. if he had been there we wud not have even gotto 150.. so dhoni's wkt was a blessing in disguise.. everyone goes thru a bad form.. even GOD went thru this patch.. hes just a human (set aside the hype hes created).. so loss of form is not surprising or shocking.. wat everyone is ranting here is the way he comes ahead of everyone when the team is in good position or against a weaker attack and chickens out against good bowling attack.. and this is not the 1st time.. this has been going on for quite some.. and the rants of the posters dint jus come cuz of this loss against WI..
a SR of 100 is very poor in T20.. 1st lets get that clear pls.. i have nowhere said he shud b dropped.. hes a good wk and a good fielding captain.. his excuses are pathetic though.. do u know he even said he cudnt b there till the end against WI.. :haha:.. if he had been there we wud not have even gotto 150.. so dhoni's wkt was a blessing in disguise.. everyone goes thru a bad form.. even GOD went thru this patch.. hes just a human (set aside the hype hes created).. so loss of form is not surprising or shocking.. wat everyone is ranting here is the way he comes ahead of everyone when the team is in good position or against a weaker attack and chickens out against good bowling attack.. and this is not the 1st time.. this has been going on for quite some.. and the rants of the posters dint jus come cuz of this loss against WI..
He said that he comes ahead if the 1wkt falls after the 6th over ..I dont know how correct he was but thats what he said.
Agreed that 100.75 strike rate is not a gud one in T20 but not very poor ..but the number of innings he batted is less.... Do you believe that clean striker like Mark boucher has got strike rate of 100 ? its matter of time they prove themselves.... Dont' be so hard on him ...He was trying to regain his form with match of BD ..but it didn't work out ... If he would have played well in BD match he would have definetely come in 3rd position in WI match tooo...
i think the only reason he wanted to come at no 3 was that he wanted 2 have a right-left combination. See, with raina at 3, we have got 3 left handers in row.People who have played cricket can understand the motive behind this move.if comes good ppl praise, othawise blahhh blahhh...should av done this-that. i av got trust in his captaincy, and i will support him whatever happens. :isalute:
i think the only reason he wanted to come at no 3 was that he wanted 2 have a right-left combination. See, with raina at 3, we have got 3 left handers in row.People who have played cricket can understand the motive behind this move.if comes good ppl praise, othawise blahhh blahhh...should av done this-that. i av got trust in his captaincy, and i will support him whatever happens. :isalute:
so where did this left-right go against windies

Oh please - Dhoni did not have just one poor game. The WI match was a culmination of utterly garbage T20 performances from him. I'll copy my post from another thread :

If that was the plan then the plan is utter garbage. T20 is not a game to potter around at 2 RPO for 4 overs. Dhoni has faced almost 10 overs during this WC and has hit 1 four and 1 six - that's a rubbish performance no matter what spin Dhoni or you try to put on it and should be called out as such. Dhoni makes absolutely no attempt to put the bad deliveries away for boundaries during the "consolidation" period. Yuvraj was alos consolidating during the time but was putting the poor deliveries away for fours. I find it hard to believe that in 10 overs from the likes of BD, Ireland, and WI he got to face 2 poor deliveries! In his last 9 T20s, Dhoni has faced 152 deliveries, has a SR of 77 and has struck 2 sixes and 4 fours - that is pi$$ poor even by ODI standards forget about T20s. He should not be batting anywhere above number 8, preferably at 9 behind Harbhajan.
As you can see this is not the odd poor performance. Most people wouldn't and didn't have a go at Dhoni for his continuous poor run in T20s for a long time but he took stupidity and ineptness to another level against WI by scoring at 2.5 RPO for 4 overs in a crucial WC match. Yeah, he deserves our support and hopefully he'll slip himself down to some inconsequential position in the batting order, let others who can actually bat have more overs to bat, and concentrate on his keeping and captaincy till he can bat better in the format.