Ashes 2009

Guest Gunner
first match is in cardiff-if anybody is going to be be mauled then its the aussies.they have been terrible against spin in recent times.
And against the magnificent spin bowling duo of swann and his uncle, the aussies are gonna get mauled? Gimme a break.:haha::haha:
And against the magnificent spin bowling duo of swann and his uncle' date=' the aussies are gonna get mauled? Gimme a break.:haha::haha:[/quote'] yep.obviously you are not watching the aussies bat against even innocuous spinners and looking clueless. nothing has changed -they have the same batsmen.

Team I would choose would go like this: Hughes Katich Ponting Hussey Clarke Watson Haddin Johnson Lee/Hauritz/Hilfenhaus Siddle Clark I have my doubts on Lee's form. I fully expect us to win this series, but we need improved performances from the surprisingly inconsistent now Ponting and Hussey.

Team I would choose would go like this: Hughes Katich Ponting Hussey Clarke Watson Haddin Johnson Lee/Hauritz/Hilfenhaus Siddle Clark I have my doubts on Lee's form. I fully expect us to win this series, but we need improved performances from the surprisingly inconsistent now Ponting and Hussey.
why did u leave Symmo out?Is he not going to tour England?
Yeah, Symmo is out.. And I know I may risk the wrath here, but to the guy who said both teams are rubbish. Australia>India (in tests)
I wouldn't say both teams are rubbish, but how are Australia better than India in tests(not going by the ICC rankings which rate teams up to 3 years back when Australia was a completely different side). India lost 1-2 in Australia and beat them 2-0 at home.

Australia got their own back on SA in SA though didn't they? So I wouldn't count them out. I really can't see England winning this. There'll be another crisis when they lose and the media will be asking for the sacking of Strauss. English Cricket fans are so cynical and fed up of their team that they expect them to lose. Flintoff isn't what he used to be and there'll probably be no Simon Jones this time around. Those two where the chief destroyers last time the Ashes was held in England. Anderson, Sidebottom and co. aren't that great in my opinion.

^ Flintoff as a bowler is still good enough to trouble some of the best batsman in the world, particularly on English wickets. he big question mark remains over his batting because if he is picked as the all-rounder, he needs to perform with the bat too. The side Id pick is: Strauss ( c ) Cook Bopara Pietersen Collingwood Bell / Broad (the only reason for picking Broad is he can bowl long spells, which allows Flintoff and Anderson to be used more in bursts) Prior Flintoff Panesar Anderson Sidebottom Id actually pick a fair few of the 2006/07 Ashes team (yes I know the one that lost 5-0) because I actually dont think they played THAT badly. The Aussies were just unbelievably good at that time, and looking back ... not a single Australian player (Damien Martyn aside) had a poor series. I think players like Bell, Strauss, Cook, Panesar, Anderson, etc. will be better for that experience. That and I dont really rate Stuart Broad that highly in Tests, for the main reason that I dont see him as a player who can single-handedly win you a match whereas I think Bell is someone that could make a match-saving or match-winning hundred and the 4 bowlers picked are all capable of troubling the Aussies. Also, Bopara, Collingwood and Pietersen can all bowl a few overs here and there.

Even though Swann has bowled well, i would still keep Panesar in the squad with ofcourse Swann bein the first priority. Adil Rashid should not be anywhere near their team. He is a bits and pieces player. He would be played with ease by test cricketers. Players like Harbhajan Singh can whack this puppy for 4 sixes in an over.

I wouldn't say both teams are rubbish' date=' but how are Australia better than India in tests(not going by the ICC rankings which rate teams up to 3 years back when Australia was a completely different side). India lost 1-2 in Australia and beat them 2-0 at home.[/quote'] In Tests I think we still are, we have been more consistent in beating India. If you win the next series against us, then ok maybe India are better. Until that happens.. Australia > India (in tests) India > Australia (one days and 20-20s) Although Australia can never get any rythm in one dayers because we keep messing around with the line up. I dont get why guys like Hughes and Siddle aren't in the team.
In Tests I think we still are, we have been more consistent in beating India. If you win the next series against us, then ok maybe India are better. Until that happens.. .
Tosh we are miles better and have been for last decade. Head to Head against oz in last decade and we have better record inb series wins