Football Transfers, Rumours and Speculations

Shane

Unfortunately Barca will never pay that much. I think £45 is the minimum we should accept. Fabregas needs to realise that if he wants to leave then Barca have to cough up. On a brighter note, Gervinho looks good in pre-season. If we can sign Mata, Gary Cahill (best of the bunch we have been linked with) and a decent box to box midfielder if Fabregas leaves then i will be happy. We need to sell Squilacci, he is a pile of ****. To be honest we could also do with a left back (wouldn't mind Enrique from Newcastle given the lack of quality LB's around and the fact that Gibbs is made of glass).
I think Liverpool are in a similar boat, in that we need a LB and CB as well as possibly one more winger. Although I'm not getting my hopes up. If you sign Mata that would be perfect for you guys I reckon and Enrique to keep him company haha. I would love if Liverpool signed Cahill; I reckon he is quality. But seriously.. Torres went for 50, Carroll for 35.. Fabregas is at least 60.. Barca are being disrespectful to Arsenal as they have been for a long time now. Besides if there is one side in the world that don't really need Fabregas it is Barca! Thiago is killing it in pre season and Xavi still has a few years left in him...

I think Liverpool are in a similar boat, in that we need a LB and CB as well as possibly one more winger. Although I'm not getting my hopes up. If you sign Mata that would be perfect for you guys I reckon and Enrique to keep him company haha. I would love if Liverpool signed Cahill; I reckon he is quality. But seriously.. Torres went for 50, Carroll for 35.. Fabregas is at least 60.. Barca are being disrespectful to Arsenal as they have been for a long time now. Besides if there is one side in the world that don't really need Fabregas it is Barca! Thiago is killing it in pre season and Xavi still has a few years left in him...
Agreed. I also think they were lying about signing Alexis Sanchez for £23m as they are trying to drive down the price of Fabregas, There aren't many good left backs available atm so i think one of Arsenal or Liverpool will probably get Enrique. Is Dalglish actually looking for a CB or is he happy with what he has got? If Liverpool could have signed Ashley Young and Downing, it would have been amazing especially with Carroll in the side.

Agreed. I also think they were lying about signing Alexis Sanchez for £23m as they are trying to drive down the price of Fabregas, There aren't many good left backs available atm so i think one of Arsenal or Liverpool will probably get Enrique. Is Dalglish actually looking for a CB or is he happy with what he has got? If Liverpool could have signed Ashley Young and Downing, it would have been amazing especially with Carroll in the side.
Hmm never thought about that, but it's possible and I wouldn't put it past them. I mean to get Sanchez so cheap doesn't quite seem right in todays market. Also, I'm pretty sure I recall there president coming out and saying they would only sell Sanchez for 100mil... Why do Barca get players so cheaply for? Villa for 28mil as well.. Yeah I'd say it's a battle between us two but I think he will go with Arsenal because he has stated he wants CL football. I'm not sure if his after a CB or not but I really hope so, because it's a real weakness in the squad right now.. Carra is good but is ageing, Agger is good but can never get a run of game his always injured, Skrtel I'm happy with but the rest are all young and Kryiakos is rubbish, you think Squillaci is bad (which he is) but trust me this guy is worse. Yeah that would a been nice... Damn Utd! Haha

Fabregas to Barcelona and Nasri to Man City seemingly close: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14482418.stm I am sad to see Cesc go but it's tempered by the fact it was inevitable. Very happy that Nasri is on his way. We can't be doing with turning down £22m with one year of probable disinterest on the horizon...and I really can't be bothered putting up with some jackass who wants out. One can only hope replacements are already lined up...big remainder of the window coming up for Arsenal. Elsewhere Liverpool set to sign Jose Enrique.

Fabregas gone to Barca for about 36m euros. Its disgraceful the way Barca use dirty tactics to get the players they want as cheap as possible and inserting ridiculous buyout clauses when they get them. Affelay's buyout clause was above 100 mil if I remember correctly. It will be interesting to see whether Wenger will finally spend some money on his and nasri's replacement. Liverpool have got Enrique. Decent signing I believe. He will do a good job under the King. Now all we need is a CB. With Dann apparently certain to go to arsenal, Cahill is the most likely. Bolton are interested in N'Gog, so a deal involving the two can be struck. If we can get him then I believe we will comfortably achieve our aim of a champions league spot.

Fabregas gone to Barca for about 36m euros. Its disgraceful the way Barca use dirty tactics to get the players they want as cheap as possible and inserting ridiculous buyout clauses when they get them. Affelay's buyout clause was above 100 mil if I remember correctly. It will be interesting to see whether Wenger will finally spend some money on his and nasri's replacement. Liverpool have got Enrique. Decent signing I believe. He will do a good job under the King. Now all we need is a CB. With Dann apparently certain to go to arsenal, Cahill is the most likely. Bolton are interested in N'Gog, so a deal involving the two can be struck. If we can get him then I believe we will comfortably achieve our aim of a champions league spot.
I don't think we'll sign a CB for some reason. I hope we do though; and I hope it's Cahill or Dann.

Its official .. both clubs have confirmed the Cesc deal. Man ... this Barca squad is redonkulous now :omg:
Actually it isnt. They are one injury to a defender away from being frakked vs a strong attack- as madrid proved yesterday. Mascherano is no CB and with Busq injured there was no good holding midfielder last night vs Real. Fabregas at 30m was a good deal yes but Barca needed defensive cover BADLY, esp seeing that Thiago is a cracking young player fab was unnecessary. That was what Pep should have bought instead. Someone like Vertonghen from Ajax. Unless they prove me wrong and buy a def as well but thats unlikely as theyre stretched quite thin financially.