South Africa going out

best thing is bring back, Sehwag, Tendulkar, Dravid, ganguly with mix of the new and currently established players and you guys are golden..... india has a lot of bowling options but you need a few golden arms that you can always go to in crunch time. like gul, stein, malinga etc.....u guys do have some good spin and i was impressed with jadeja bowling too. i would not, loose hope on one tournament, all u guys putting ur team and certain players down will speak highly of them in matter of months.....have some faith....if we can stick to afridi for a 100 first ball ducks to give us one good match winning semifinal win,then i am sure u guys have much more to work with

Sehwag is already there. Tendulkar should also restrict himself to playing Tests except few one dayers. India was expected to crash out in super 8 as they were being in tougher group. What makes fans cringe is , India lost 0-3. That is why. With bit of tactical change India could have won 2. That's okay. It didn't happen. NOw that they are heading towards Windies for a pointless 4 match series. I expect Indian fans to be prepared for a loss there. These guys were tired enough not to do well in a T20 game. How are they going to play in ODI. Another D- performance. Let us wait until they take rest and come back.

Guest Hiten.
Sehwag is already there. Tendulkar should also restrict himself to playing Tests except few one dayers. India was expected to crash out in super 8 as they were being in tougher group. What makes fans cringe is , India lost 0-3. That is why. With bit of tactical change India could have won 2. That's okay. It didn't happen. NOw that they are heading towards Windies for a pointless 4 match series. I expect Indian fans to be prepared for a loss there. These guys were tired enough not to do well in a T20 game. How are they going to play in ODI. Another D- performance. Let us wait until they take rest and come back.
India will just do fine in West Indies and I am backing our boys to win 3-1 in the Caribbean.

LOL@the doom and gloom. Dhondy is always like this when India lose and Pak win. Yes, it's the T20 World Cup and all but our performances there will have no bearing on our Test (and ODI) performance. 2 bad days haven't made us the worst team on the planet. Our cabinet is littered with trophies collected since the 2007 ODI World Cup. We are the second best test team on the planet and owned Australia in our last series v them. We smashed the bros in our last test and ODI series v them and won bragging rights for an entire lifetime by inflicting a gut wrenching and heart breaking defeat in a WORLD CUP FINAL. That is something they will never forget and we never live down. Us fans will be singing 'Back in Blue' before you know it.

Yup Venting period has a limit just like mourning period :winky: . Venting period is now over. We thrashed SL in SL twice, we thrashed NZ in NZ , we thrashed OZ , Eng at home, We thrashed Eng in ODI at home. We walked into tournament as favorites without even having a single well established senior player in our side. Look at other sides. You see chanderpaul, sangakara, mahela, younis khan, sarwan, kallis, smith. It underlines our bench strength. We should treat as a hiccup for our bench strength. We will pull through. These T20 wins will give some false hopes to some countries. They will be ruthlessly exposed in due course. Let us gradually build our future. But BCCI has to rotate the players to prevent burn out.

LOL@the doom and gloom. Dhondy is always like this when India lose and Pak win. Yes, it's the T20 World Cup and all but our performances there will have no bearing on our Test (and ODI) performance. 2 bad days haven't made us the worst team on the planet. Our cabinet is littered with trophies collected since the 2007 ODI World Cup. We are the second best test team on the planet and owned Australia in our last series v them. We smashed the bros in our last test and ODI series v them and won bragging rights for an entire lifetime by inflicting a gut wrenching and heart breaking defeat in a WORLD CUP FINAL. That is something they will never forget and we never live down. Us fans will be singing 'Back in Blue' before you know it.
++

Gambo trying to be the boy on the burning deck...again. No amount of reminiscing will correct the problems we are saddled with today. Ageing batsmen with no real replacements, injury-prone bowlers, and a schedule that'll burn out a packhorse.

It's telling, isn't it, for all the hoopla, IPL, megabucks, the Viv Richards swagger from guys like Rohit, we still can't win a cricket match without Sachin or Sehwag? And that's just about in any form of the game.
and you are speaking as if tendulkar or sehwag distinguished themselves in their ODI stints outisde asia. there used to be a time when sehwag,yuvraj and kaif struggled in one dayers outisde subcontinent. england 2002 was the answer. now its the turn of rohit,raina,uthappa etc. they will have their "england 2002" and start serving us well .its nothing new and something to be worried about.
Guest Gunner
and you are speaking as if tendulkar or sehwag distinguished themselves in their ODI stints outisde asia. there used to be a time when sehwag,yuvraj and kaif struggled in one dayers outisde subcontinent. england 2002 was the answer. now its the turn of rohit,raina,uthappa etc. they will have their "england 2002" and start serving us well .its nothing new and something to be worried about.
:laugh::laugh: The greatest ODI batsman of all time has not distinguished himself outside Asia!!!!
Quiet, you are just drooling BS disguized as worship. :D
Epic, should bookmark.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
The Mitch Johnson example is a very apt one' date= a telling one. He & Clarke didn't sell their soul to the circus, remained resolute to their country's cause and look where they are now- among the best in the business.
MJ and M.Clarke :hatsoff: Thats commitment to the real cricket.
And then they go and ruin their recuperation period by figuring in a 2 month long slogfest where bowlers are surrogate *****s. IPL will lay waste to Indian cricket. No coincidence that its popularity coincided slap bang with the resurgence in India's fortunes. Once the downhill slalom starts, and it's only a matter of time, watch the punters leave in droves.
It will. At the very least, I'd like Lalit Modi to reduce the frequency. Make the IPL a once in two years event. IPL is a big reason for the fatigue and injuries to our players due to nonstop cricket. While the Aus players opt out sometimes, looks like the Indian players will never opt out of IPL, no matter how bad the fatigue is. Only way out is to reduce the IPL frequency and also make it a shorter tournament.
:laugh::laugh: The greatest ODI batsman of all time has not distinguished himself outside Asia!!!!
i should have added "initial stints". if you look at england 1990-1996,newzealand 1990,he failed.he was ok in aus 92 and did very well in nz 94 his first hundred outside asia was in SA vs zim 1997. his first hundred in england vs kenya 1999. first hundred in nz this year. his first hundred in australia in 2008. one could clearly see it took time to find his feet outside asia.
MJ and M.Clarke :hatsoff: Thats commitment to the real cricket.
It will. At the very least, I'd like Lalit Modi to reduce the frequency. Make the IPL a once in two years event. IPL is a big reason for the fatigue and injuries to our players due to nonstop cricket. While the Aus players opt out sometimes, looks like the Indian players will never opt out of IPL, no matter how bad the fatigue is. Only way out is to reduce the IPL frequency and also make it a shorter tournament.
Lets say your company is hosting an international conference with a lot of other multinational companies. They may choose to accept your invitation or not, based on the circumstances they're facing. But will you be able to tell your boss that you've worked a lot over the past year, and I can't attend this conference so let me go and sleep to regain some energy? Do you think you'll still have a job after that? Your complaints about all Indian players are these greedy players whose sole intention is to make money are getting tiring. I've said this a million times before, if the BCCI is organizing a domestic tournament where several international players are coming to play, your own players CANNOT ask for rest. Do you understand that? Especially the National XV who represent your country. What value will the tournament have (ideally speaking) if your own players are not playing in it? It is an Indian Premier League set up by the Board of Cricket Control in India, and the natural expectation is that your best players, along with the upcoming talents, are playing in it. And you keep complaining about how our players have no morals, no values, and how only people who have opted out of it are those who are committed to cricket. There is only one man who can take a rest that won't make the BCCI complain, and he didn't play half of the IPL last year, and too because of injury and not fatigue. Oh, and Michael Clarke is hardly an epitome of an man committed to cricket. Please go take a look at the behavior of this great cricketer during the India-Australia series in 07-08. Thanks. And obviously, you have not followed the IPL news enough because a particular news article said that Clarke had chosen out of IPL because he was not going to get the expected remuneration. He's a gritty player, a guy who gives it his all to his team, but calling him a man committed to cricket while calling our own players greedy and money-minded is hardly showing good judgment on your part.
i should have added "initial stints". if you look at england 1990-1996,newzealand 1990,he failed.he was ok in aus 92 and did very well in nz 94 his first hundred outside asia was in SA vs zim 1997. his first hundred in england vs kenya 1999. first hundred in nz this year. his first hundred in australia in 2008. one could clearly see it took time to find his feet outside asia.
And one who has followed cricket should clearly see that hundreds are not markers of distinction.

As a follower and a fan of Indian cricket (as well as Pakistan obviously!), I noticed a few things:- 1) The Indian pace bowlers bowled with lack of energy and intent. Reliance purely on spin is a recipe for disaster and you can bet your house that Pakistan and SL, despite the spinners, would have not reached the final if it was not for the likes of Gul, Aamir (whose role was underestimated and put on the pressure and bowled with real pace and fire- look at Dilshan's dismissal) and Malinga 2) The batting order smacked of negativity with Dhoni saying we tried to 'stabilise the innings' v Eng and were worried if Yuvi went early- Yusuf and Yuvi had to go in earlier 3) When India took wickets, it seemed they would just turn to the part-timers and get overs in rather than try and look to keep the opposition under pressure 4) For a unit that is supposed to have good fielders, the fielding was abysmal in crunch situations 5) Lack of picking correct players for the conditions and being inflexible. We saw how Abdul Razzaq and Angelo Matthews at 80 mph by just moving the ball around at the start of the innings were very useful...India had a gem in Praveen Kumar who could do just that and who also looked dangerous v Pak in warm-up at Oval. The bloke can hit the ball well, surely there was a case of playing him as opposed to the overrated and poor Irfan Pathan?

Lets say your company is hosting an international conference with a lot of other multinational companies. They may choose to accept your invitation or not' date=' based on the circumstances they're facing. But will you be able to tell your boss that you've worked a lot over the past year, and I can't attend this conference so let me go and sleep to regain some energy? Do you think you'll still have a job after that? Your complaints about all Indian players are these greedy players whose sole intention is to make money are getting tiring. I've said this a million times before, if the BCCI is organizing a [i']domestic tournament where several international players are coming to play, your own players CANNOT ask for rest. Do you understand that? Especially the National XV who represent your country. What value will the tournament have (ideally speaking) if your own players are not playing in it? It is an Indian Premier League set up by the Board of Cricket Control in India, and the natural expectation is that your best players, along with the upcoming talents, are playing in it. And you keep complaining about how our players have no morals, no values, and how only people who have opted out of it are those who are committed to cricket. There is only one man who can take a rest that won't make the BCCI complain, and he didn't play half of the IPL last year, and too because of injury and not fatigue. Oh, and Michael Clarke is hardly an epitome of an man committed to cricket. Please go take a look at the behavior of this great cricketer during the India-Australia series in 07-08. Thanks. And obviously, you have not followed the IPL news enough because a particular news article said that Clarke had chosen out of IPL because he was not going to get the expected remuneration. He's a gritty player, a guy who gives it his all to his team, but calling him a man committed to cricket while calling our own players greedy and money-minded is hardly showing good judgment on your part.
Post of the year! Agree with every word. Long awaited. Will hopefully shut up the ever-whining cynics for some time :hatsoff: