Dhoni urges team mates not to hide injuries

Kingston (Jamaica): Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has urged his team-mates not to hide injuries, niggles and any other ailments ahead of the one-day series which begins here on Friday. In what could be a blueprint for Dhoni's regime as skipper of the Indian team from now on, the wicketkeeper-batsman gave his team members a dressing down in team hotel on Sunday, it's reliably learnt. In a meeting which lasted well beyond its' schedule, Dhoni came down hard on the injury status within the ranks and stated boys need to be more truthful when it comes to injuries or any other personal issues which could affect a team's performance. "For me, it's the team first and then the individuals and I'd hope it's the same with everyone else in the group," Dhoni is said to have stated to the other members of his group. Besides injuries, there are other issues which Dhoni has decided to take head on. He has urged his team members to take a break from the game in case they feel fatigue or injuries are stopping them from giving off his best for the team. If rest is the cure for an injury, a cricketer ought to opt for it rather than let fatigue or niggle become a major setback to him and to the team. Dhoni must have had his deputy Virender Sehwag in mind while laying down this rule. Sehwag is not in the West Indies because of a shoulder injury which could take up to 16 weeks to heel. When the Delhi dasher arrived in England, he was said to have only a niggle in the shoulder. Subsequently, it was diagnosed to have a Grade 1 tear and now after a surgery, it's turned out to be far more serious. "If anyone wants to take a break from the game, please let me know or the BCCI," has been Dhoni's advice. Dhoni was also critical of the lack of sufficient inputs from the seniors for the team's welfare. "I would urge seniors to give more and more inputs for the betterment of the team," stated Dhoni. A lot of senior cricketers, including Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan and Virender Sehwag, are not in the squad to the West Indies. Still, quite a few, such as Yuvraj Singh, Gautam Gambhir and Harbhajan Singh are in the West Indies and can chip in with their valuable advice. Alongside the warning to the seniors to get their act together, Dhoni has also urged juniors to take up more responsibility and chip in with their inputs. "Remember, winning is a habit, losing is a process and nothing is a disaster," was the parting shot of Dhoni to his team. Suddenly the present series against the West Indies has assumed uncommon significance to Indian team. Dhoni wants his men to do well and gain a consolation win over the hosts after the disastrous showing of his team in the ICC World Twenty20 where despite being the defending champions, they lost all three of their Super Eight games and failed to make the cut for the semi-finals. http://cricket.yahoo.com/cricket/news/article?id=item/2.0/-/cricket.yahoonews.com/b252a8459cc9a18e1bd11d19ea7d4a2/

to the rescue' date=' the internet prince charming. or good Samaritan.[/quote'] nah man it's just that she gets freaking attacked for saying the RIGHT thing. Dhoni should have skipped IPL and not the more important Test Series....so his batting would have sucked on those pitches but he would have kept better with one hand then those two fools we have.
nah man it's just that she gets freaking attacked for saying the RIGHT thing. Dhoni should have skipped IPL and not the more important Test Series....so his batting would have sucked on those pitches but he would have kept better with one hand then those two fools we have.
Dont waste your time on p-khota, Shez - he just trolls like that. I dont even know what link he posted, since I did not even bother clicking links from trolls such as this khota :laugh:
you guys are living in dream-land if you rhink people wil skip IPL.their salaries will go through the roof in a few years-this is nothing.we need to accept the reality and make peace with it.
that's not the point b....dhoni's freaking rich already. Test cricket is the ultimate form of the game and it's Test > ODI > T20. I would understand if this guy got injured in the IPL and THEN pulled out of the tour...hey your injured, no problem. But to pull out of an IMPORTANT test series against the Lankans away...when we know we'll need you cuz we've got ***tick and ***thiv behind the stumps, you choose to pull out because you need "rest"? Pull out the goddamn IPL which would have given you 1.5 months rest! He should have been crucified further for making a move like that. Imagine if Tendulkar did that...but then again Tendulkar has his priorities straight.
that's not the point b....dhoni's freaking rich already. Test cricket is the ultimate form of the game and it's Test > ODI > T20. I would understand if this guy got injured in the IPL and THEN pulled out of the tour...hey your injured, no problem. But to pull out of an IMPORTANT test series against the Lankans away...when we know we'll need you cuz we've got ***tick and ***thiv behind the stumps, you choose to pull out because you need "rest"? Pull out the goddamn IPL which would have given you 1.5 months rest! He should have been crucified further for making a move like that. Imagine if Tendulkar did that...but then again Tendulkar has his priorities straight.
Forget crucifying, one can't even strongly criticize him for that move, without encountering the wrath of his fanclub.