When will we have an express fast bowler?

Having an express fast bowler suggests a lot about your countrys people..... we are hot and strong baby!!B->
I got the answer whenever I used to see the post of you guys I thought something is burning, no wonder burning with jealousy have made you hot and getting phanty continuously from other team had made you strong.

I actuallly think our bowling reserves are in pretty good health. Munaf Patel has improved tremendously lately, then guys like Pathan/RP have made a decent comeback and Ishant looks very very good. Then there are plenty of of other decent prospects in Aravind, Aaron, Yadav, Unaidkat etc. I think the next two test series will show us a lot. If Ishant can keep on his current form then things are looking up.

Ishant has been impressive in the IPL. he has charged in and bowled with a big heart. if he can show the same skills when he makes his comeback against the W.Indies, he surely will trouble the batsman on those tracks where he will get extra bit of bounce. His line has been the key this year, he hasn't given much away and has been very consistent on and around that off stump channel, always asking questions at the batsman. It was a treat to watch his spell against Kochi.

lol at OP thinking that only srinath and kapil were fast for india. go watch some 2003 world cup matches. nehra and zaheer were bowling 140-147 regularly and dare i say on average india had faster pace attack then any other playing team. only shoaib, lee and bond were bowling faster but none of them had equal partner to match. big reason india did well i 2003. stop underrating indian fast bowler just because some pakistani gave u complex.

lol at OP thinking that only srinath and kapil were fast for india. go watch some 2003 world cup matches. nehra and zaheer were bowling 140-147 regularly and dare i say on average india had faster pace attack then any other playing team. only shoaib' date=' lee and bond were bowling faster but none of them had equal partner to match. big reason india did well i 2003. stop underrating indian fast bowler just because some pakistani gave u complex.[/quote'] That's true , in 2003 world cup , our pace bowling department was excellent. Sri , Zak and Nehra all had excellent tournament till semis. Too bad .. they couldn't do it in the Finals.
lol at OP thinking that only srinath and kapil were fast for india. go watch some 2003 world cup matches. nehra and zaheer were bowling 140-147 regularly and dare i say on average india had faster pace attack then any other playing team. only shoaib' date=' lee and bond were bowling faster but none of them had equal partner to match. big reason india did well i 2003. stop underrating indian fast bowler just because some pakistani gave u complex.[/quote'] Wake up and smell the coffee. You dont become recognised as a fast bowler if for a couple of months you bowl quite fast. I mean the fact you bring Nehra in as some example of how we have had great FAST pacers after all is, laughable. I mean if its based on a few games then Munaf can be considered a fast bowler after his england spells when he first got in team. We are a nation that have had at Ganguly and Gavsakar opening our bowling at times. We need express pace. And any person with even a small knowledge of indian cricket will know that in recent living memeory we have had only 2 genuine fast bowlers in Kapil(ignoring hiss testominal years) and Srinath. Nehra fast bowler:hysterical::hysterical:
Wake up and smell the coffee. You dont become recognised as a fast bowler if for a couple of months you bowl quite fast. I mean the fact you bring Nehra in as some example of how we have had great FAST pacers after all is, laughable. I mean if its based on a few games then Munaf can be considered a fast bowler after his england spells when he first got in team. We are a nation that have had at Ganguly and Gavsakar opening our bowling at times. We need express pace. And any person with even a small knowledge of indian cricket will know that in recent living memeory we have had only 2 genuine fast bowlers in Kapil(ignoring hiss testominal years) and Srinath. Nehra fast bowler:hysterical::hysterical:
Fastest Nehra bowled in 2003 WC was 149 Kmph and since then I haven't seen any Indian pacer touching that speed. Since then almost every team had someone clocking 150. Jerome Taylor for WI, Harmison for Eng, Steyn for SA, Akhtar for Pakistan, Bond for NZ, Lee for Aus. Best speed days for Indian pacers were : 1) WC : when all three bowled at average speed of 140+ 2)Munaf's debut 140+ 3) Ishant in Aus : avg 140+. Sree occasionally around 140. But none of these bowlers maintained their pace. Ishant is only bowler who is still capable of bowling 85 mph+ consistently in tests. Even McGrath whose name is taken here as medium pacer, used to bowl around 85 mph in ODIs. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX3ZnrZHKpM]Sachin Tendulkar 38- HAMMERS Glenn McGrath into oblivion-MAGIC ASSAULT FROM THE GOD OF CRICKET - YouTube[/ame]
Fastest Nehra bowled in 2003 WC was 149 Kmph and since then I haven't seen any Indian pacer touching that speed. Since then almost every team had someone clocking 150. Jerome Taylor for WI' date=' Harmison for Eng, Steyn for SA, Akhtar for Pakistan, Bond for NZ, Lee for Aus.[/quote'] Ishant in the CB series? Touched 152 iirc.
:hmmm: After that series Kapil Dev was giving lectures about fast bowling on news channels. Nehra : 149 Srinath : 153 Yadav : 147 Zaheer : 145 Munaf : 144 Sree : ?
Sree's top speed was 147 kmph in the ODI series vs Aus in 2007. Even RPS bowled at 145 in that series. Agarkar bowled 140+ many times in early 2000s. His top speed was also 145-146 kmph. Did Dinda cross the 140 mark sometime as well? Think he did in the Zim tri series last year.