Ponting a crap captain: Jeff Thompson

Lord

You just need to look at his stats and overall performance as a captain before calling him with such regards. People calling him crap captain are only fooling themselves.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: BTW yes I agree bro, MoYo is the best thing since sliced breads and Richards.
baah.... the love for ponting by the padosis continues.. wonder why...
you just have to come out of the shell of "only Indian players are great" to realize about the worth of other players in cricket. There's nothing to defend here as Ponting got all the stats and wins under his belt as a captain so people here degrading his achievements won't matter a bit.
you just have to come out of the shell of "only Indian players are great" to realize about the worth of other players in cricket. There's nothing to defend here as Ponting got all the stats and wins under his belt as a captain so people here degrading his achievements won't matter a bit.
So how come so many of his own countrymen and older players have been bashing him? So how come even when he was absent from some matches his teams winning rate was the same or even better? You keep on harping about the winning rate though you know very well it wouldnt have made an iota of a difference who was the captain in any of those wins. In fact I will stick my neck out and say the winning rate would have been much better if someone like Waugh was in charge last Ashes or this series. Gilchrist had a better winning rate than him. What about that?
Ponting isn`t crap but yeah he`s not as talented as Waugh.A team is nil without a leader. And it`s a fact, otherwise teams would`ve never felt the need to sack a captain for bad performance. The Aussie performance this last decade owes a lot to Ponting. Those who deny it are fools
As a batsman perhaps. The Aussies definitely dont need a captain for the toss if they are going to bat no matter what