Ishant Sharma - What Went Wrong?

One answer ... Prasad ... He himself was a dabba bowler and now turning IS into the same .. tell IS to bowl as fast as he can .. forget abt line and length... He surely can't concede more runs than he is doing now ... But by bowling fast he can grab some wickets atleast
wat has Prasad gotta do with it.bowling fast isnt that easy.he is tired n wen u r tired u cant bowl as fast.Prasad was the same coach who taught Ishant how to bowl in Aus,how to trouble ponting.he is the same coach who taught Ishant the skills of reverse swing v Aus,which helped Ishant to be the first Indian bowler to be MoS after 25 yrs. stop attacking Prasad,Ishant's problem is hes tired n low on confidence
stop attacking Prasad,Ishant's problem is hes tired n low on confidence
thats another thing, he himself claimed he had a tough time with KKR; add to that lost all important games in super 8. i just hope he atleast ends the wi series with a get spell, 3-4 wickets would do him real good.
thats another thing' date=' he himself claimed he had a tough time with KKR; add to that lost all important games in super 8. i just hope he atleast ends the wi series with a get spell, 3-4 wickets would do him real good.[/quote'] he shouldnt play the next game IMO

The guy's fitness isn't good enough..well certainly not enough for the amount of cricket he plays. The guy should be dropped for a period..and told specifically to improve his overall fitness. It should made clear to him that..he is there for one reason only and that is to bowl fast. He doesn't merit a place in the side without his pace..you can put down pace all you want but thats a fact as far as Ishant is concerned. There is nothing out of the ordinary in his bowling if you take away the pace. Certainly he is no Mcgrath or a Ambrose.

The guy's fitness isn't good enough..well certainly not enough for the amount of cricket he plays. The guy should be dropped for a period..and told specifically to improve his overall fitness. It should made clear to him that..he is there for one reason only and that is to bowl fast. He doesn't merit a place in the side without his pace..you can put down pace all you want but thats a fact as far as Ishant is concerned. There is nothing out of the ordinary in his bowling if you take away the pace. Certainly he is no Mcgrath or a Ambrose.
his fitness is fine,but he is tired IMO,which is expected given he has been playing non-stop for 1.5 yrs.his pace will return if he gets rest. n is fresh. his pace is not the only reason for him to be in the side.he can swing it both ways,can reverse it,n bowl slower ones.
One answer ... Prasad ... He himself was a dabba bowler and now turning IS into the same .. tell IS to bowl as fast as he can .. forget abt line and length... He surely can't concede more runs than he is doing now ... But by bowling fast he can grab some wickets atleast
I would agree. He seems to be stuck in the mid-nineties timeframe of line and length...VP either needs to get on with the times, or BCCI needs to hire a new bowling coach. The fact that Prasad was even chosen is rather odd - he was by no means our premier strike bowler during his "era" (era being a term used very loosely here). I wonder why Srinath is not in the coaching ranks..he is arguably the best pace bowler we have produced since Kapil.
I would agree. He seems to be stuck in the mid-nineties timeframe of line and length...VP either needs to get on with the times' date=' or BCCI needs to hire a new bowling coach. The fact that Prasad was even chosen is rather odd - he was by no means our premier strike bowler during his "era" (era being a term used very loosely here). I wonder why Srinath is not in the coaching ranks..he is arguably the best pace bowler we have produced since Kapil.[/quote'] What has him being an ordinary bowler in his days got to do with his coaching credentials,dude?Greg Chappel was an excellent batsman.Did he improve Uthappa's technique?did he solve Raina's short ball problem?did he tell Yuvraj how to bat in test cricket?Prasad is a certifid coach he has acquired training in coaching,thats why he was appointed n he has done very well so far IMO.Srinath was a very good bowler but he chose to be a referee rather than coach