ICC Champion's Trophy : Dravid in probables...

Giving farewell to someone in such an important tournament? Arent we getting too sentimental here? We play 7 home odis against Aus in Oct-Nov, 5 home odis against SL in Nov-Dec. That I believe is the best chance for Dravid to be given a farewell and not such a prestigious tournament like CT.
i think RD is just a backup if some key player is injured.if that happens,it would be wise to have Dravid n he can his much-deserved farewell as well

A retrograde step - there is no point bringing in Dravid two years after dropping him and with the team having won most of what it has played in the meantime. The 30 probables squad looks to have been announced when someone was drunk out of his mind and after the 15 people who are likely to make the final squad they just let a few monkeys lose on the keyboard before firing off the mail to ICC.

A retrograde step - there is no point bringing in Dravid two years after dropping him and with the team having won most of what it has played in the meantime. The 30 probables squad looks to have been announced when someone was drunk out of his mind and after the 15 people who are likely to make the final squad they just let a few monkeys lose on the keyboard before firing off the mail to ICC.
Reason to believe that this is a farewell series for Dravid. After this will come the retirement from ODIs.
Any comments on Sreesanth's continued exile?
Any comments on Sreesanth's continued exile?
He probably won't make it to the final 14 anyways. Zaheer, Ishant, Nehra, and RP Singh appear to be higher in the pecking order. So in the end it's moot whether he makes the list of 30 or not. He probably does not deserve it either as he is yet to prove his match fitness over any significant length of time. If he had some brain cells he would have been playing in England doing just that.
Guest Hiten.
Yes!!!!!..Omg..why the hell is Irfan left out? Hes one of my favourite Indian Players....:(
Irfan Pathan has deteriorated as a bowler day to day basis. He has got to prove his ability or rather get it back by playing at least 2 seasons in county cricket.
1.Sachin Tendulkar 2.Virender Sehwag 3.Rahul Dravid 4.Ms Dhoni © (wk) 5.Yuvraj Singh 6.Suresh Raina 7.Yusuf Pathan 8.Harbhajan Singh 9.Zaheer Khan 10.Ashish Nehra 11.Ishant Sharma World Beater that side...
Where is Gautam Gambhir in that list ? If you replace RSD with GG, then I might agree about the team's composure with you but I still hold my concerns about India's 3rd seamer.

It might look like a retrograde move, but I think both SRT and RSD are still good enough to play the next WC, barring any injuries. They are still fit and hungry and the youth brigade will need few more rebirths to even come close to their class.

It might look like a retrograde move' date=' but I think both SRT and RSD are still good enough to play the next WC, barring any injuries. They are still fit and hungry and the youth brigade will need few more rebirths to even come close to their class.[/quote'] Fully agreed here. I think both are amazing guys, who despite being of the older generation, have more hunger to succeed than any of the other young guys we have, IMO. But this is a strange decision anyhow because Dravid was dropped from the squad nearly 2 years ago, and he'll be playing his ODI (if he is in the XI) after a gap of 2 years. When he was not in Dhoni's plans for WC2011, I don't see the point in the selection. Dravid is a legend of the game, and one of the top three batsman to play for India in this generation (or rather any), and I can't fathom why you would select him, and then not play him. Its a baffling position to be in for Dhoni and Dravid himself. And at the end of it, he should not be in the 15 to go to SA (which is terrible, but its better than being in the 15 and not the XI) or he should play all the matches. Like The Outsider said above, I think it was a selection committee of drunken monkeys. I hope he gets the respect he deserves.