Emerging Players' Tournament 2009

"The pitches had some pace and bounce in them and we had very little time to adjust to the new surroundings," Badrinath said. "Once we found our bearings, we grew in confidence. "He (Tyagi) is tall, gets bounce and bowls a nice line. Tyagi has a lot of promise. Other pacemen Dhawal Kulkarni, Bhuveshwar Kumar and left-armer Pradeep Sangwan also bowled well. All of us contributed. Yet, I must say, opener Virat Kohli was outstanding. Some of the shots he played spoke about his ability." Bdarinath, however, was unhappy with the Duke balls used in the tournament. "They experimented with these balls during the day games since the white ball tended to get muddy," he said. "But I was not happy with the new balls. They did too much early on and became soft too soon."
You played terribly Mr Badrinath. So please don't give excuses! And Mr Srikant, were you pleased at the failure of your state mates?
Come on guys we have the IPL stars like Dhinda' date=' Gony, Kulkarni etc. who are going to take over the world! There is no problem with our fast bowling reserves.[/quote'] I don't rate Gony who's been around for a while and is just medium pace. Kulkarni still has time but this Tyagi kid has impressed me. I thought his domestic season was a fluke and didn't think he would make it past his injury but to see him come back from that and bowl so well in the tournament really shows the kid has a lot of guts and heart. But I don't agree that there is no problem with our fast bowling reserves. Yes, we have plenty of hopefulls who are yet to get their test/ODI debut but they are NOT reserves. Reserves are guys like Munaf/RP/Sreesanth/Pathan etc, guys who are not regulars and these guys have had chance after chance and we still don't know whether they will do well or flop at any given time.
I think Munaf has bowled pretty well the last few times he has played for India. He has bowled in excellent areas' date=' been quite unlucky at times.[/quote'] At times yes. Like the first test against New Zealand he did a great job as a stock bowler, bowling wicket to wicket and keeping it tight, and keeping the pressure on. But inevitabley he follows one or two good performances with crap. That kind of inconsistency is poison to a captain.
At times yes. Like the first test against New Zealand he did a great job as a stock bowler, bowling wicket to wicket and keeping it tight, and keeping the pressure on. But inevitabley he follows one or two good performances with crap. That kind of inconsistency is poison to a captain.
I think he has been fairly consistent since playing against SL He has been economical most of the times and where he has been a bit expensive he has made up for it with some wickets