Some interesting trademark shots

Chanderpaul plays that peculiar pick up shot towards the fineleg region. He moves across to the off side and flicks it to that region especially when the fineleg is within the circle. He played that to good effect in the tri-series in Malaysia in 2006. He has started to the reverse sweep against medium pacers very recently. He did that during the final ODI against the Kiwis last year and followed up against England in the first ODI in the Windies' home series. He reverse swept Steve Harmison, he took some 26 runs of his single over(in the batting **). A couple of years back, Gayle and Shiv were doing really well at the top of the order don't know why they changed it. Maybe it is time to go back to them.

ABDV pick up over extra-cover, most modern day batsmen play this, but have seen AB almost play it at will, you are sure to catch a couple of them in the highlights package of a Sugnature AB innings. Rahul Dravid Pull/Hook, i guess this would be the early part of this decade or the latter of last, he along with SRT(who used it sparingly) were the best exploits of the pull shot in our band of fab four. Laxman, those Leg Flicks from outside Off-Stuff to those tweakers. Ganguly and the Off Side.

ABDV pick up over extra-cover, most modern day batsmen play this, but have seen AB almost play it at will, you are sure to catch a couple of them in the highlights package of a Sugnature AB innings. Rahul Dravid Pull/Hook, i guess this would be the early part of this decade or the latter of last, he along with SRT(who used it sparingly) were the best exploits of the pull shot in our band of fab four. Laxman, those Leg Flicks from outside Off-Stuff to those tweakers. Ganguly and the Off Side.
DeVillers rocks:icflove:. You nailed it! The pick up is his trademark shot. Recently Sarwan played something similar to that that against UV, it was sheer class.It sailed over Bhajji and bisected midwicket and long on to perfection. Of all the subcontinent batsmen that I have watched, A deSilva plays the pull and the hook better than anyone.
it's not? :omg: motherf- i was swindled off a couple of 50s in my gully :mad:
In gully cricket back side of the bat is out. I remember being give out once which I did not agree with. I reluctantly gave the bat to the next batsman, punched my friend in the stomach and headed back home. :(( But it is not applicable in international cricket.