What are you eating now?

ludhianvi

Can i plzzz get more details on Atkin's diet.
Here are highlights of the Atkins type of diet - a form of strictly ketogenic diet. This is by no means comprehensive, so I suggest reading further and ask questions. Read for about 1-2 months, solve all your concerns, figure out the food items that will form core of your diet plan - then only venture into it. First of all you should not be diabetic. Also, if there is any other medical condition or are on some long term medication - better get clearance from your doctor. To get some significant results, you have to do all this for about 4-6 weeks at least. It is not for you, if you: a) are already below 15-18% body fat. (you can still lose fat, but you have to be more calculative for avoiding muscle loss). b) are too concerned about muscle preservation. Even though ketogenic is most muscle sparing diet, but you have to be very calculative for completely avoiding muscle loss. c) can eat same food day in day out - breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, snacks... (read (d)) d) Through out the course, you will have to strictly stay away from all carbs, - any preparation of wheat, rice, potato, milk.. or even lentils.... and especially no sugar items at all...if you feel like, of all the legumes/lentils - only soyabean is allowed. Then: Just eat lots of green vegetables with meat, cheese, whole eggs and lots of other healthy fat - peanuts, almonds, walnut, fish oil, flaxseed oil, ... In any meal - all it should have is protein+fat.. no carbs, not more than 5%. Also, you will need to take multivitamins. And if you are not getting enough fiber (not enough green vegetables) then you will have to take fiber supplements. First 4-5 days, you will feel very weak.. so better do the diet switching around long weekend / holidays. Once fully into diet, you will have smelly pee and breath.... In typical Atkins diet - exercise is not much required, but if you can manage some cardio sessions - then you will get beter results. It will be tough to get starting on exercise machine, but once you are 10-15 minutes into cardio - you will feel like going on forever.. that is when you will lose most of the body fat. If you want more refined results (in terms of preserving muscle/strength) and more efficient body-fat% loss - then you have to look for "Cyclic Ketogenic Diet" or "Targeted Ketogenic Diet".

Here are highlights of the Atkins type of diet - a form of strictly ketogenic diet. This is by no means comprehensive' date= so I suggest reading further and ask questions. Read for about 1-2 months, solve all your concerns, figure out the food items that will form core of your diet plan - then only venture into it. First of all you should not be diabetic. Also, if there is any other medical condition or are on some long term medication - better get clearance from your doctor. To get some significant results, you have to do all this for about 4-6 weeks at least. It is not for you, if you: a) are already below 15-18% body fat. (you can still lose fat, but you have to be more calculative for avoiding muscle loss). b) are too concerned about muscle preservation. Even though ketogenic is most muscle sparing diet, but you have to be very calculative for completely avoiding muscle loss. c) can eat same food day in day out - breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, snacks... (read (d)) d) Through out the course, you will have to strictly stay away from all carbs, - any preparation of wheat, rice, potato, milk.. or even lentils.... and especially no sugar items at all...if you feel like, of all the legumes/lentils - only soyabean is allowed. Then: Just eat lots of green vegetables with meat, cheese, whole eggs and lots of other healthy fat - peanuts, almonds, walnut, fish oil, flaxseed oil, ... In any meal - all it should have is protein+fat.. no carbs, not more than 5%. Also, you will need to take multivitamins. And if you are not getting enough fiber (not enough green vegetables) then you will have to take fiber supplements. First 4-5 days, you will feel very weak.. so better do the diet switching around long weekend / holidays. Once fully into diet, you will have smelly pee and breath.... In typical Atkins diet - exercise is not much required, but if you can manage some cardio sessions - then you will get beter results. It will be tough to get starting on exercise machine, but once you are 10-15 minutes into cardio - you will feel like going on forever.. that is when you will lose most of the body fat. If you want more refined results (in terms of preserving muscle/strength) and more efficient body-fat% loss - then you have to look for "Cyclic Ketogenic Diet" or "Targeted Ketogenic Diet".
Thanks for the info. Ofcourse, I don't want to lose muscle. I guess I am going to consult a dietitian and a doctor before going for this. I hardly consume rice, potato and milk. But then again, I don't eat much leafy green vegetables. Time to change my diet by buying lots of green leafy veggie, chicken and eggs.

Thanks for the info. Ofcourse, I don't want to lose muscle. I guess I am going to consult a dietitian and a doctor before going for this. I hardly consume rice, potato and milk. But then again, I don't eat much leafy green vegetables. Time to change my diet by buying lots of green leafy veggie, chicken and eggs.
Good, but in Keto diets carbs are absolute no-no..except if you want to cheat once in 1-2 weeks. as i said any meal should not have more than 5% carbs, if anything more, it should be fiber.. If you like reading researching, I can send you some links - to understand how this diet works. Then you would know exactly what you will be doing and why.

Also, if you have not done muscle-building - then forget worrying about losing muscle.. you will end up gaining some...if you continue lifting weights,, which wont be easy on keto diet. One more thing, conventional dietitians ( esp Indian) are not very enthusiastic about keto-diets. So, if they discourage you, you can still go ahead by doing a bit of research and experimentation.

Good, but in Keto diets carbs are absolute no-no..except if you want to cheat once in 1-2 weeks. as i said any meal should not have more than 5% carbs, if anything more, it should be fiber.. If you like reading researching, I can send you some links - to understand how this diet works. Then you would know exactly what you will be doing and why.
Sure send me some links. I would like to read more about this. I definitely would like to start this asap.