Andrew Flintoff

Can't help but think the captain needs to take more responsibility in situations like this. Freddie was constantly overused every time he came back from injury. I understand he has to bowl but he went through what 35 or so overs coming back from his latest knee injury? Obviously didn't help considering he had to take cortizone injections just to feel well enough to play.

Can't help but think the captain needs to take more responsibility in situations like this. Freddie was constantly overused every time he came back from injury. I understand he has to bowl but he went through what 35 or so overs coming back from his latest knee injury? Obviously didn't help considering he had to take cortizone injections just to feel well enough to play.
You can't really blame the captain when the rest of the bowlers at his disposal were pants. Freddie had an immense workload.
You can't really blame the captain when the rest of the bowlers at his disposal were pants. Freddie had an immense workload.
Yeah, I suppose. Using Broad as a new ball bowler was pure hilarity. It's going to be interesting to see if Harmison is selected because even though Freddie might play it's highly improbably that he can go through such high workloads over two innings and be expected to play in the rest of the series. Given how Monty is such a useless batsmen and fielder I'd go with Harmison, Onions, Freddie, Swann and Anderson.
I don't think its fair to doubt his commitment to the cause' date=' he is probably their most passionate player and a great one. It's a shame.[/quote'] Agree. I'm glad I had the chance to watch him live at one of the greatest stages of them all - the MCG, where I got to see him running in late in the day (during the 06 MCG Ashes test); England bowled out for a pathetic total and he was still running in hard, bowling like fire and on a hattrick at one point during a spell that had a very loud and big (mostly pro-Australia) crowd on their feet.
^ I asked about Freddie not being a team man because of how people reacted when Dhoni skipped a test series due to fatigue and possibly aggravating any injuries. Its understandable considering the amount of cricket he has missed due to injuries. I still feel ECB will try and get him to stay though
wen did Freddie skip a test series citing 'fatigue'?
Some could see it as him abandoning a team that need him
but he is doing it due to injuries.he knows he cant last five days of cricket regularly.English team would be better off without him in long term coz they will be able to blood a youngster in. n he still will be playing the Ashes.hes gonna retire AFTER the Ashes.totally different scenarios if u ask me

This has to be termed as a very selfless move from Fredie. He is getting injured every now and then and he realizes that for team's sake it's better he quit rather then making cameo comebacks. The fantastic player he is, he deserves to be played every now and then whenever he is available, but flintoff is just being grateful by retiiring here. CLASS ACT.

^^ Dhoni pulled out of a Test series because he knew his body couldn't handle it and he got slated for it
but Dhoni pulled out without any notice.he wasnt injured,so u have to play if u r fit.Freddie retired from the game allowing youngsters a chance to establish themselves.Dhoni pulled out of an important series n then grabbed his position back.completely different
This has to be termed as a very selfless move from Fredie. He is getting injured every now and then and he realizes that for team's sake it's better he quit rather then making cameo comebacks. The fantastic player he is, he deserves to be played every now and then whenever he is available, but flintoff is just being grateful by retiiring here. CLASS ACT.
Good chance for Prior and Broad (or possibly Rashid, who can bat) to be groomed in the 6 and 7 slots respectively as well.
Good chance for Prior and Broad (or possibly Rashid' date=' who can bat) to be groomed in the 6 and 7 slots respectively as well.[/quote'] nah i'm sure Ian Bell take no.6 position or he takes no.3 n Bopara moves down to no.6