1 great bowling performance after 4 yrs, 0 good batting performance in 4 yrs, Freddie is superman

..again. Can't understand the hype surrounding Freddie. His aura is a bit like Afridi is in ODIS and T20s. Rare performances followed by extreme hype.
I to some what agree. His first meaniful perfomance since 2005 and evryone is going nuts. Not even sure how he got man of the match, he only took 6 wicktes in the match and was averge witrh the bat? Seemed to be he got it based on faulty speed guns more then anything!!
i feel stats can be misleading about freddie.he makes other english bowlers better and they get wickets when they are bowling with him.
Nope he just consistenyl bowls too short. Thus gets a lot of beating of the bat and ducking but often not a big haul of wickets. He does not pitch the ball up enough and bring in to play bowled and lbw. Basically he is not willing to gamble pitching up and thus trade a few boundaries for wickets.

The OP is actually not comparing him to Afridi in tests. Just rightly saying that in odis and 20/20s the hype is massive. Yet he does jack for ages then does something good and evryone goes bannanas about it i.e 20/20 WC. Same with Flintoff has literally done jack in tests since 2005 has one good spell of bowling and everyone is going nuts. Over hype of highest order. Don't get me wrong he is a decent player and bowled well in that spell but to be quite frank he was not even man of the match. Where was the super hero when they got trounced in last ashes in oz or other they going to air brush his performnaces there and show replays of 2005 perfomances again. By the way I am freddie fan but the over hyping of one test innings of bowling is LUDICRIOUS

Yep every single bowler clocked 90 mph and above at one point or another. Every bowler got 90mph speeds at least 6 or 7 times each. Dodgy
MJ hits 90+ almost every where i have seen him bowl , he was much slower than the england bowlers ..so i doubt anything wrong with speed guns .
The OP is actually not comparing him to Afridi in tests. Just rightly saying that in odis and 20/20s the hype is massive. Yet he does jack for ages then does something good and evryone goes bannanas about it i.e 20/20 WC. Same with Flintoff has literally done jack in tests since 2005 has one good spell of bowling and everyone is going nuts. Over hype of highest order. Don't get me wrong he is a decent player and bowled well in that spell but to be quite frank he was not even man of the match. Where was the super hero when they got trounced in last ashes in oz or other they going to air brush his performnaces there and show replays of 2005 perfomances again. By the way I am freddie fan but the over hyping of one test innings of bowling is LUDICRIOUS
There is a very simple logic behind this. The accolades you get as a player is directly proportional to your performance in a tournament of utmost importance. If Freddie does well in the Ashes - the most important series for both England and Australia, he will be praised and talked about. Even if he was mediocre in most of the previous matches, his brilliant performance in both the Ashes will be considered as very important. If Sharma/Raina win the next WC or any other important series for India, people will go crazy and start treating them like kings. You may question whether this is right or not, but that's the way it is.

what are you guys talking about... The guy has a bowling average of 24 in ODIs and 32 in Tests... Better than any our so much hyped spearhead attack Z.Khan and Ishant... in ODIs, his bowling average is better than any of our legends Kumble, Srinath etc etc... this guy always put his heart out bowling..its tough for a guy with his size and built to come bowl and hit the deck above 90mph..... dont forget his batting which in a way creates a fear in opposition..his batting average in ODIs is close to Sehwag even though Flintoff gets to bat at 6 down... he deserves as much appreciation as he can...

Freddie in last 50 tests - Batting average 36/Bowling average 28. Yup, very Afridiesque. :bird:
Last 50 tests ? 50 tests is a long time, boss. Some great cricketers have their entire career spanning 50 tests. From 2006 to 2009 ( last 3 yrs) http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/12856.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=default;spanmin1=23+Jul+2006;spanval1=span;template=results;type=allround Batting avg of 26.73. Bowling avg of 36.23 Subhan- allah. He's a great bowler but bowls too short and hence doesn't pick as many wickets. His " great" performances come few and far between. And when was the last time he shone with the bat ? If bowling is his only strength, then boss, Harbhajan wins one or more test against Australia each time they visit to India. What he did in 2001 series was what Botham + Freddie combined have not done against Aussies as far as bowling is concerned. He bowled terrific, but all this hype and superhuman attribution is going way to overboard.