Baseball batting practise and realizing what 80 MPH means..

punjabi_khota

So I went to those baseball batting cages recently as part of a fun evening, and man was I stunned. I initially set the thing to softball and 50/60 MPH and I could hit them pretty easily into the area marked "home run"...but then I got a little over confident and put the setting to 80 MPH baseball...could NOT ****ing hit anything and was shyte scared to getting hit where it hurts the frickin most. :hehe: When I did manage to make contact, it hurt my hands pretty bad. Anyone else tried it ??

So I went to those baseball batting cages recently as part of a fun evening, and man was I stunned. I initially set the thing to softball and 50/60 MPH and I could hit them pretty easily into the area marked "home run"...but then I got a little over confident and put the setting to 80 MPH baseball...could NOT ****ing hit anything and was shyte scared to getting hit where it hurts the frickin most. :hehe: When I did manage to make contact, it hurt my hands pretty bad. Anyone else tried it ??
Sounds like fun although I've never tried it. Did try the pitching once where it measured the speed. In baseball, I think you've got to be ready to hit with your weight on the back foot and the bat already lifted,usually past your shoulder. Ken Griffey Jnr. had an awesome swing. Btw, you could've tried bunting it but a top edge may have reconstructed your face :hehe:

Khote, I go to this Rockville baseball batting cage. Have you visited this side of Maryland??? There we used to try 80-90 miles per hour deliveries. It was hard at first so we decided to reduce it to 70 something then started it back again 80-90. Our cricket team now has a bowling machine, so now nothing can compete with that, but i enjoyed my time at baseball batting cage.

Khote' date=' I go to this Rockville baseball batting cage. Have you visited this side of Maryland??? There we used to try 80-90 miles per hour deliveries. It was hard at first so we decided to reduce it to 70 something then started it back again 80-90. Our cricket team now has a bowling machine, so now nothing can compete with that, but i enjoyed my time at baseball batting cage.[/quote'] I have not been to that Maryland area. I do hope to go back to the batting cage soon and start with 65-70 and go up from there. Could not get any sort of timing going last time. Bowling machine would be awesome but I don't think there is one anywhere near where I live. :((

I've batted against a bowling machine at 75mph, the 1st ball went past the bat and I didn't even know what had happened. But then you know you gotta be on your toes and next few balls I was able to play away, but that was damn quick + it was indoors and it felt like the ball was skidding onto the bat

I've batted against a bowling machine at 75mph' date=' the 1st ball went past the bat and I didn't even know what had happened. But then you know you gotta be on your toes and next few balls I was able to play away, but that was damn quick + it was indoors and it felt like the ball was skidding onto the bat[/quote'] 75 MPH isnt all that bad. I faced a bowling machine at 120 kmph and did quite alright. Sucked when I had to play 140 kmph tho:eyedance: Here's the video to the 120 kmph slogging. The 140 kmph video is embarrassing:(( [ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4993512804115409234]Bowling Machine[/ame] PS - The aspect ratio is messed up because this was taken sideways from a widescreen camera....

Guest gaurav_indian
:hysterical::hysterical: Abbe saale tu itna hi mota hai...this is the right aspect ratio motu. :hahaha:
aspect ratio toh bahana hai holysmoke ko fat jo chupana hai. :hysterical:

75 MPH isnt all that bad. I faced a bowling machine at 120 kmph and did quite alright. Sucked when I had to play 140 kmph tho:eyedance: Here's the video to the 120 kmph slogging. The 140 kmph video is embarrassing:(( Bowling Machine PS - The aspect ratio is messed up because this was taken sideways from a widescreen camera....
You slogger lol Yeh its not too bad, but the 1st ball just surprised me. Anyways I'm a tailend bat, so what do you expect

Guest gaurav_indian

^^ India TV ko link bhej raha hu main. :giggle: Kal news aayegi "dekhiye bharat mein bhoot bhi cricket khelte hai." "It happens only in india -- Headlines Today"