Has anyone asked Ian Pont....

Well, why can he not play domestic cricket in India? If he is 1/3 good as Pont has made him out to be, I am sure he can play first or even second class cricket. Also I can't fathom how he is supporting himself living abroad when he does not earn any money from the sport he trained for.............CRICKET!!!!! And sure, I am anxious about Atul..........NOT!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Clarification time guys. Firstly please stop saying this has been/was/is a hoax. Everyone involved is very real. But whether he can bowl for real in match, like he might do in the nets, no one is sure of - not even me. After 3 years, I am no longer Sharma's coach as he has decided to do his own thing or perhaps work with someone else? Who knows... I simply don't know. I haven't seen him for almost 4 months. I believe he has been in Delhi or Mumbai since the end of the IPL. Last I heard his injury was preventing him from bowling. He said he couldn't get doctor sign off to play in the IPL. He doesn't want to have surgery so I don't know if the shoulder has healed on it's own or not. He didn't want to get it fixed that way and preferred to leave it to settle itself. I am not sure that he can play cricket in India as he hasn't played a game since he was 16? Someone said you have to have played for the past 2 years to be eligible for Ranji Trophy? I am very sad to say that there is an outstanding debt and it appears he has gone into hiding anyway. If anyone knows his whereabouts I'd be grateful if you could Private Message me on here as I am personally trying to track him down. I don't even know if he is a Royals 'player' anymore. It's all very strange as he didn't even appear on the bench or turn up to the squad. But since then, there's been nothing about him from anywhere. It looks not quite right. I have removed all references to Atul Sharma from my web site. So no one is being secretive - it's simply that no one knows a thing. All I hope is that he really did sign a contract with the Royals and didn't just appear in the RR squad for IPL marketing purposes. Only Atul Sharma knows the truth. I am just as keen to get to the bottom of things, too because there have been some knowledgeable people genuinely supporting him on his journey. I have no more to say on the Atul Sharma subject so please don't ask.

I am very sad to say that there are outstanding debts and it appears he has gone into hiding anyway. If anyone knows his whereabouts I'd be grateful if you could Private Mesaage me on here as I am personally trying to track him down. I have removed all references to Atul Sharma from my web site.
:haha: The plot thickens, .... Sheesh, had such a beautiful thing going. Where did it go pear shaped ? Well, anyway, thanks for the laughs Ian

This is strange Ian pont trying to find some one he hid for so many years............there is no 2 years rule in ranji........and that is proved by the munaf patel case......so now if any one sees atul roaming on the streets of mumbai or delhi please tell pont........there goes the dream of an express indian fast bowler....he came fast and went out faster........ Outstanding debt....so he owns Ian money...................now this is more mysterious than a Sherlock Holmes novel and has more suspense than the x-files.......hope now atul comes out with some explaination.

Ian, you should have been careful before spreading "Hoax" of Atul all over the net.. You should have waited till he played even 1 match but you went on net spreading "Atul the next 105mph bowler".. You tried to promote your book and your US academy academy coaching through Atul and it flopped.. Rather than blaming posters,you should rather blame youself for hurting emotions of various fans... I am surprized with your attitude ... Being a professional coach, you shouldn't even have mentioned him in the media before his debut ...but god knows for what reason you went everywhere that Atul is the Man.. now its time you get some stick from people and media...You should blame YOURSELF !!!

Ian' date=' you should have been careful before spreading "Hoax" of Atul all over the net.. You should have waited till he played even [b']1 match but you went on net spreading "Atul the next 105mph bowler".. You tried to promote your book and your US academy academy coaching through Atul and it flopped.. Rather than blaming posters,you should rather blame youself for hurting emotions of various fans... I am surprized with your attitude ... Being a professional coach, you shouldn't even have mentioned him in the media before his debut ...but god knows for what reason you went everywhere that Atul is the Man.. now its time you get some stick from people and media...You should blame YOURSELF !!!
Firstly, Sharma is not a hoax, so please don't be disrespectful. Sharma asked me to help publicise the work we had done so he could get noticed by an IPL side. Others have since spread his story 'all over the net' as you put it after my chat with two web sites (and the video on my site) and I certainly don't need the promotion of my book as it is not available in India anyway. You saw the video. It was impressive. He subsequently met with people about the IPL - not me. He then flew to Australia to meet Greg Chappell - not me. He next bowled to Shane Watson - not me. Sharma then did the interviews with SPIN magazine and Aap Tak TV - not me. Since then (and the point I am making is) I have no idea where he is or what he is doing now. As a former coach to cricketers like Ravi Bopara, Graham Napier, Darren Gough and Dale Steyn why would I need an 'unknown' to add credibility to my coaching, which is fully booked even before all this? The Sharma story has been more of a hinderence than a help if I am honest. I don't blame any posters - even those stupid enough to take comments out of context and hype up quotes to make silly points on a web forum. And only a fool would think I have anything to gain out of this whole episode when it's all been about him - not me. You shouldn't give the coach too much credit for a player's success when it's the player doing all the work and pulling the strings. I did what he asked about his publicity. No more, no less.

But you put your name on the line by promoting him. You are in this website and probably others have spread the word about him. If it was Atul sharma who came into this website or other websites and said that he can bowl fast, people would have laughed him off. But Since it was Ian Pont, people believed you. Even in your profile, you have stated that you are " Atul Sharma's bowling coach". You are probably a respected coach and as a person you may be a very honest person to the people who know you. But we don't. You said you had a great bowler in your hand and a lot of us believed you and expected him to be good because you have attached your credibility in this whole fiasco. We are just namelss, faceless forum members. All of us here love cricket and we talk about the game and its players. We ridiculed Danish kaneria when he said he has a "teesra" , we ridiculed McGrath when he was expecting a 5-0 whitewash in ashes. We critique someone when they made outrageous statements. Ofcourse, if Kaneria did invent a teesra, then we would be heralding him as a great. But he didnt, so we get on his case about his ego. You sir, are no different. I thank you for your honesty now but if you were this communicative when we were speculating about Atuls whereabouts during the IPL, our expectations wouldn't have been high and maybe that would have eased some pain.