Pakistan has a new T20 captain.

What's so funny with Afridi being captain? this is only captain for T20 btw and afridi is one of the best T20 players. he was one of the best players in the T20 world cup. Man of the match in both semi's and finals, performed better than any indian player did in the tournement. Also has captained many times domestically so he knows what it takes to be captain obviously this is international cricket and will require more leadership qualities to be successful but by no means is this selection even close to laughable...

What's so funny with Afridi being captain? this is only captain for T20 btw and afridi is one of the best T20 players. he was one of the best players in the T20 world cup. Man of the match in both semi's and finals' date=' performed better than any indian player did in the tournement. Also has captained many times domestically so he knows what it takes to be captain obviously this is international cricket and will require more leadership qualities to be successful but by no means is this selection even close to laughable...[/quote'] The answer is in the future.. we shall all see!
What's so funny with Afridi being captain? this is only captain for T20 btw and afridi is one of the best T20 players. he was one of the best players in the T20 world cup. Man of the match in both semi's and finals' date=' [b']performed better than any indian player did in the tournement. Also has captained many times domestically so he knows what it takes to be captain obviously this is international cricket and will require more leadership qualities to be successful but by no means is this selection even close to laughable...
So u mean if an Indian had played better than Pak players then that Indian player would have been made captain of pak?

Personally, this news has been a biggest boost for me. In the last few months, I have been going through some uncertain, with doubts about ability and talent and whether I could achieve anything worthwhile in life were clouding my mind. But, if a brainless retard like Afridi could go on captain a nation of 110 million's national cricket team, there's no reason why I cant do something some significant also. Thanks Shahid, thansk for bringing back hope into my life! :two_thumbs_up:

^^ true i think he needs more than a brain transplant tho!
Afridi is being said about so only coz the Indians dont have him believe me when i tellya if he was Indian he would have been the captain ages ago why do you think Dhoni is leading the team as a captain now???????????:hatsoff:

Backing Up Afridi - While Dhoni is the Boomer for India why cant the Boomer for Pakistan be Captain? Afridi needed the time and he took it He can judge his capabilities better than anyone else He did win the T20 but even in the Tests before he was not part of the team anyways One man cannot be blamed for the entire system failure He has played almost all his Cricket almost never injured He is fit as a rock He just needs a good batting coach who can advise him to use his lethal strike rate with a stable and nominal temprament He is the captain now so hopefully he'll put in some extra effort from now on The wicket was flat and nothing a bowler could do , look at murli he gave away 67 in his 8 overs Afridi gave 57 in his 10 Afridi is almost the backbone of the Pakistan Team now for his Batting, Bowling & fileding This series has been mysteriously won by SL i only suspect bookies and fowl play from Indian gamblers and corrupt players - dont really no if they were yousf & misbah & malik etc Afridi should be treated as a hero like when he won the T20 for us not criticised for something that is not his fault He's our asset

Just look at their averages and you'd know why Dhoni is considered a far superior batsman and Afridi who at the start of his career was a very feared batsman is now no better then a Murli-esque tailender. His good bowling and fielding makes him an integral part of the team but certainly not the star performer in the longer versions of the game. That said he'll probably make for a better captain then Younis Khan who has very little sense when it comes to field placements and bowling changes, Afridi without a doubt would be a much more aggressive captain, we'll have to wait and see that does he cross the line between aggression and recklessness.

Afridi needed the time and he took it
But he did't deserve any.
He can judge his capabilities better than anyone else
Yes. Because others are not aware that he has any particular capability to judge.
He did win the T20 but even in the Tests before he was not part of the team anyways
Did he? I thought Pakistan won the T20 WC.:dontknow:
One man cannot be blamed for the entire system failure
Yes. But one man can be blamed for his own failure?
He has played almost all his Cricket almost never injured
And how does one get injured by five minutes of batting and some moon walking on the pitch while fielding?:dontknow:
He is fit as a rock
That is a very good comparison. The similarities go beyond just fitness though.
He just needs a good batting coach who can advise him to use his lethal strike rate with a stable and nominal temprament
He the already the captain and he needs a coach to teach him temperament? Just great.
He is the captain now so hopefully he'll put in some extra effort from now on
Yeah. he will make everyone play like himself. That will be fun.:dance:
The wicket was flat and nothing a bowler could do , look at murli he gave away 67 in his 8 overs Afridi gave 57 in his 10.
Yeah. But I think Murali is still better................in batting of course.
Afridi is almost the backbone of the Pakistan Team now for his Batting, Bowling & fileding
No wonder the team has been collapsing like hell. That's exactly how Afridi bats.
This series has been mysteriously won by SL
Holmes is dead. So is Poirot. This mystery will remain a mystery.
i only suspect bookies and fowl play from Indian gamblers and corrupt players - dont really no if they were yousf & misbah & malik etc
You forgot to blame RAW, BCCI, CIA, FBI, Indian media, Americal navy and ICC.
Afridi should be treated as a hero like when he won the T20 for us not criticised for something that is not his fault
Yup. He is the zombie in the land of the dead. What a hero.
He's our asset
And your accountant forgot something called depreciation. What you have listed as an asset wont sell for a dime when you liquidate.
Just look at their averages and you'd know why Dhoni is considered a far superior batsman and Afridi who at the start of his career was a very feared batsman is now no better then a Murli-esque tailender. His good bowling and fielding makes him an integral part of the team but certainly not the star performer in the longer versions of the game. That said he'll probably make for a better captain then Younis Khan who has very little sense when it comes to field placements and bowling changes' date=' Afridi without a doubt would be a much more aggressive captain, we'll have to wait and see that does he cross the line between aggression and recklessness.[/quote'] RD werent u guys saying the same thing abt Younis when Malik was the captain.. I remem everyone was saying how Younis wud be aggressive in team selection , field placements etc etc.. and how he wud bring the team to the top.. and now the same story continues.. jus tht Maliks name is replaced by Younis and Younis name is replaced by Afridis.
Afridi needed the time and he took it He can judge his capabilities better than anyone else He did win the T20 but even in the Tests before he was not part of the team anyways One man cannot be blamed for the entire system failure He has played almost all his Cricket almost never injured He is fit as a rock He just needs a good batting coach who can advise him to use his lethal strike rate with a stable and nominal temprament He is the captain now so hopefully he'll put in some extra effort from now on The wicket was flat and nothing a bowler could do , look at murli he gave away 67 in his 8 overs Afridi gave 57 in his 10 Afridi is almost the backbone of the Pakistan Team now for his Batting, Bowling & fileding This series has been mysteriously won by SL i only suspect bookies and fowl play from Indian gamblers and corrupt players - dont really no if they were yousf & misbah & malik etc Afridi should be treated as a hero like when he won the T20 for us not criticised for something that is not his fault He's our asset
Good sir, all you have said is that Afridi is the best player in the Pakistan side. It is arguable, but let us leave it aside. Has he given an indication that he would make a decent captain ? He has been playing international cricket for thirteen years and still slogs every third ball and gives his wicket away every third such slog. If he is not smart enough to learn for himself how ridiculous his batting is, how can he lead a team ?