Is this turning point for BD cricket.

I hope so... but NO. I am afraid not. Bangladesh has to do a lot before they can even compete with other teams. I seriously hope they do though.. because with the other padosis heading South (performance wise in cricketing department and others too) we will need strong teams for better competition.

not quite but i'm really impressed with Shakib al Hasan' date='made captain due to injury to Mortaza,he has responded magnificently,being vey consistent.he looks a quality player.cant believe no one bought him in IPL[/quote'] The positive is that Bangladesh has got some taste of how it is to win matches. In the past, whenever they looked like winning a match, they acted as if they were afraid to do it. Shakib is the first "very good" player that Bangladesh has had since Habibul Bashar was at his peak in 2003. Given just one more player of the same standard, they could start winning a Test or two against the lesser Test sides like Pakistan or NZ.
The positive is that Bangladesh has got some taste how it is to win matches. In the past' date= whenever they looked like winning a match, they acted as if they were afraid to do it. Shakib is the first "very good" player that Bangladesh has had since Habibul Bashar was at his peak in 2003. Given just one more player of the same standard, they could start winning a Test or two against the lesser Test sides like Pakistan or NZ.
:nice::nice:
Guest gaurav_indian
Looks like this is another bangladesh bashing thread, some very cheap low blows.... You guys never seem to get enough of insulting a nation..... just sad that it comes from a neighbor...
Yeah some people have problems ignore them. And becoz of these few fans people of other countries generalize all indian cricket fans and call them lunatics. Those who are laughing dont even know that bangladesh also had an inexperienced side after that ICL drama. People should give credit where its due. And congrats. :two_thumbs_up:

Bangladeshis lose to Zimbabwe A After their triumphant tour of West Indies, Bangladesh were brought back to earth by Zimbabwe A, who thrashed them by seven wickets with 11.3 overs to spare in a warm-up one-dayer in Bulawayo. After choosing to bat, Bangladesh could only cobble together 180 runs, with only two of their batsmen - Raqibul Hasan and wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim - making more than 20. Medium-pacer Admire Manyumwa was the most effective of the Zimbabwe bowlers, finishing with three wickets. Though Zimbabwe eventually overhauled the target with ease, they were made to struggle early on, losing three wickets early. But Bangladesh's hopes of a completing a turnaround were dashed by Tatenda Taibu and Forster Mutizwa. Both of them made unbeaten half-centuries to ensure there were no more hiccups for the home side. This is the only warm-up game for Bangladesh, the first of the five one-dayers against Zimbabwe is on Sunday in Bulawayo. http://www.cricinfo.com/zimvbdesh2009/engine/current/match/410336.html

Bangladeshis lose to Zimbabwe A After their triumphant tour of West Indies, Bangladesh were brought back to earth by Zimbabwe A, who thrashed them by seven wickets with 11.3 overs to spare in a warm-up one-dayer in Bulawayo. After choosing to bat, Bangladesh could only cobble together 180 runs, with only two of their batsmen - Raqibul Hasan and wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim - making more than 20. Medium-pacer Admire Manyumwa was the most effective of the Zimbabwe bowlers, finishing with three wickets. Though Zimbabwe eventually overhauled the target with ease, they were made to struggle early on, losing three wickets early. But Bangladesh's hopes of a completing a turnaround were dashed by Tatenda Taibu and Forster Mutizwa. Both of them made unbeaten half-centuries to ensure there were no more hiccups for the home side. This is the only warm-up game for Bangladesh, the first of the five one-dayers against Zimbabwe is on Sunday in Bulawayo. http://www.cricinfo.com/zimvbdesh2009/engine/current/match/410336.html
Now thats what you call a cheap low blow. blooooow me:girly1:
Now thats what you call a cheap low blow. blooooow me:girly1:
They merely got a rest of 10 hrs after a 40 hour journey to Zimbabwe, They even didnt have any practice session prior because the kits never arrived..... They played with Zimbabwe shirt and their kits.... I bet if it was india than they would again flex their muscle and not even play......