Freaks in cricket.

patriot

Running away from what ? Your opinions matter zilch to me and vice versa I presume, so why should there be anyone " runnnig away" . You probably have the spare time to engage in each and every thread here. Maybe you should create a thread and talk to yourself there with a different handle.
Lol, is that what you do in your 'vastly better life'? Talk to yourself in front of the mirror? If you take cheap-shots at people, you should at least hang around and face the music.

Me thinks... this guy just wanted everybody to agree with his line... "Shoaib is the freakiest cricketer"... "He is the most abnormal person and still plays cricket".... "Shoaib, with his freakish elbows and freakish body, who has asthama and disjointed bones and what not... is the best player in the whole wide world"... hence this thread and all the pot-shots at Sachin for "playing for the records"... etc.

Me thinks... this guy just wanted everybody to agree with his line... "Shoaib is the freakiest cricketer"... "He is the most abnormal person and still plays cricket".... "Shoaib, with his freakish elbows and freakish body, who has asthama and disjointed bones and what not... is the best player in the whole wide world"... hence this thread and all the pot-shots at Sachin for "playing for the records"... etc.
I wish more freakish players like Akhtar and Afridi for Pakistan team:pray: And i wish more average loving Tendulkars for Indian team:pray:

People like Malinga, Paul Adams and Chanderpaul are freaks because of their very unconventional style of play. People like Sehwag and Gilly are freaks because they are among very few cricketers who refuse to get shackled and their batting is always a mirror image of their personalities - simple, uncluttered and blunt. SRT is kind of like Mystique from X-men, because over his career, he's played like Sehwag, Dravid,Lara and KP and yet is his own man. He has no one particular style. He can carve a 100 SR innings without playing a single aerial shot. He has destroyed, stonewalled and wilted attacks with varying styles of batting. SRT is a multi-faceted freak show.

In this list : 1. Brian Lara - Extremely unorthodox and the freakiest of all. Just imagine scoring 500 runs in a domestic cricket match. If you remember well he set up the record surpassing Sobers and after Hayden broke that one, he ended up owing the record yet again by scoring a four hundred….. For me he edged out Tendulkar in terms of freaky nature for the feat he performed to take over the top score record again. The only reason Tendulkar is not above Lara in this department is because there have been at least a couple of young cricketers that went on to make debut at international cricket at young age and were reasonably successful but none could go on to post 300s, 400s and even 500 like Lara did. 2. Sachin Tendulkar - You can't go past this guy as the second most freaky player ever, he was playing international cricket at 16 and he was scoring 100s in domestic cricket when he was 14. Can't get any freaky than that..... 3. Don Bradman : International average of 99, do I need to say anymore? 4. Shane Warne - Amazing leg spinner. You think of leg spin, you will start and end with Warne. Over the years he also developed other deliveries and is the best leg spinner there has ever been. 5. Murali - Spectacular spinner. His doosras turn as big as Warne's leg spin. Sure there is a bit of a talk about his 6. Akram - Borm to bowl. He could bowl all sorts of delivery. There hasn’t been another fast bowler that had the tricks of trade like he did. 7. The duo of Kapil Dev and Ian Botham : Imran Khan and Hadlee could be included but nowhere did they match the freaky nature of Kapil Dev and Ian Botham. 175* from Kapil Dev, 4 sixes in a row to avoid follow on, the Botham’s ashes are a few feats that not many cricketers in the past and in future can match. 8. Sehwag : The current generation Viv Richards. Extremely attacking and any ball can end up anywhere around the ground. Absolute freak when it comes to hitting the ball with the kind of free flow you can only dream of. Couple of triple centuries, 3 sixes to start off in an overseas like he did against NZ in the recent series is absolute freak by any stretch of imagination. 9. Jonty Rhodes : Often cricket doesn’t look beyond batting and bowling. If there was one that sensationalized fielding like Tendulkar/Lara did batting or Warne did leg spin, it is this man. He is solely responsible for lifting the fielding standards in international cricket. There have been many excellent fielders and catchers but none can match Jonty. He’s Bradman of fielding.