Shocking Video

zubinpepsi

omg :omg: Are the wires usually like that i.e if you touch with one hand, you'd get electrocuted or was it that the man was in contact with the metal train? :hmmm:What if his feet were in the air when he touched it?
If he had hung on to it without shorting i.e. without touching the roof of the train he'd be ok. Since he touched the wires with his feet on the surface the circuit is complete and current flows through him.

Effin, that really tested the mettle of my heart.

If he had hung on to it without shorting i.e. without touching the roof of the train he'd be ok. Since he touched the wires with his feet on the surface the circuit is complete and current flows through him.
Nope. Air is impure (has moisture) and will conduct electricity.

Birds on wires do not get electrocuted for the same reason
Well, the most common explanation given for birds not being electrocuted while sitting on power lines is because there's no 'ground' for the power to pass through. But, I think there's a more complex explanation to it.
but even if hadnt put his feet on the floor.. is it safe for the body to have tht high voltage of current passing through ur body?
If he didnt complete the circuit, then there would be no current flowing though him.

but even if hadnt put his feet on the floor.. is it safe for the body to have tht high voltage of current passing through ur body?
current will not flow because the circuit is not complete and hence the current faces infinite impedance. If the feet are touching the ground, then the current will flow though the body into the earth and thus you will get "shock"

Well, the most common explanation given for birds not being electrocuted while sitting on power lines is because there's no 'ground' for the power to pass through. But, I think there's a more complex explanation to it. If he didnt complete the circuit, then there would be no current flowing though him.
current will not flow because the circuit is not complete and hence the current faces infinite impedance. If the feet are touching the ground' date=' then the current will flow though the body into the earth and thus you will get "shock"[/quote'] **noob alert** :stupido2: