The Silent Treatment

fineleg

I have been an ST giver but am trying to avoid using it these days. It has been very effective though, but I feel sorry for those who are at the other end, and they don't like it at all, so these days I am trying to use more talking and rationalizing than giving them the ST. Somehow when I was using it I never felt that I was doing justice to the situation. Seemed more like I was walking away and punishing the other person.

High potential to backfire if you use it as an intentional strategy.
True, but its never backfired for me. How it is received by the other side depends a lot on the general personality of the giver of ST. Personally I'm a very communicative person, so when I stop talking to someone, the other person generally knows that he/she fk'ed up bigtime. I actually did end up giving the ST to someone recently, but I told her that I'm really really really angry, so if I talk to you I will go wild (which was true), so I'm going to STFU. I guess all's well that ends well. :eyedance:

Guest Gunner

I slept with my friend's gf and he gave me the ST for an hour then we went had quite a few beers together. That hour was a long one.

I slept with my friend's gf and he gave me the ST for an hour then we went had quite a few beers together. That hour was a long one.
If what you said is actually true, then that’s a horrendous gf and you’re a terrible friend.

Guest Gunner
He should have shot you.:orderorder:
weak dude' date=' super weak.[/quote']
Gunner' date=' what you said - is that for real!?[/quote']
If what you said is actually true' date=' then that’s a horrendous gf and you’re a terrible friend.[/quote']
:--D
Flamy.:--D:--D:--D