Charles Coventry' of Zimbabwe equals Saeed Anwar's record.

Guest gaurav_indian

He maybe Pakistans best opener by a mile' date=' but not internationally Sachin, Gilchrist, Ganguly, Hayden,Mark waugh, Chris Gayle, Greenidge etc are better than Anwar, moreover you said greats like Richards and Anwar, as if Richards and Anwar are in the same league which they definitely are not.[/quote'] Out of these openers, only Sachin is better than Anwar. Ganguly,Mark Waugh & Hayden were excellent openers but they are not in class of Anwar & Sachin. Gayle is a nobody infront of Anwar.Richards was not an opener but I will select him before Sachin & Anwar in an ODI.
Out of these openers' date=' only Sachin is better than Anwar. [b']Ganguly,Mark Waugh & Hayden were excellent openers but they are not in class of Anwar & Sachin. Gayle is a nobody infront of Anwar.Richards was not an opener but I will select him before Sachin & Anwar in an ODI.
Explain. Only thing Anwar has going over Ganguly and Hayden is that his beard is more than 1000238 times the total hair on their bodies combined.
Out of these openers' date=' only Sachin is better than Anwar. Ganguly,Mark Waugh & Hayden were excellent openers but they are not in class of Anwar & Sachin. Gayle is a nobody infront of Anwar.Richards was not an opener but I will select him before Sachin & Anwar in an ODI.[/quote'] Ha Ha...Not only does he average less than Ganguly but he was aweful against the 2 best bowling sides, Aus and SA. Noone in their infinite wisdom would choose Anwar over ganguly, unless ofcourse they can twist the facts.

Anwar's away record sucked. He averaged 29.73 away from Pakistan. Not that his over all record is outstanding- his career average is 39.21, which is good but nothing extraordinary. Hayden's career average is 43.80 and his away average is 43.12. That's a class player. No comparison whatsoever. And don't even take Tendulkar's name in the same sentence.

Out of these openers' date=' only Sachin is better than Anwar. Ganguly,Mark Waugh & Hayden were excellent openers but they are not in class of Anwar & Sachin. Gayle is a nobody infront of Anwar.Richards was not an opener but I will select him before Sachin & Anwar in an ODI.[/quote'] One of the most funniest comments Anwar better than the rest mentioned :hysterical: what next, Warts Akhtar better than Mcgrath, Walsh, Ambrose, Donald ??

Congrats to the young guy though I still dont think his innings can be compared to any of the top innings including anwar's, sachin's, ganguly's, richard's or dhoni's. But still the guy has done excellent to have broken or equalled that record. Hope somebody crossed the double centuring in ODI very soon

Guest gaurav_indian
Congrats to the young guy though I still dont think his innings can be compared to any of the top innings including anwar's' date=' sachin's, ganguly's, richard's or dhoni's. But still the guy has done excellent to have broken or equalled that record. Hope somebody crossed the double centuring in ODI very soon[/quote'] Viru will cross it. :dance:

anwar's record was better, reasons 1) pressure. independence cup, do or die match in front of 50,000 people. 2) heat and exhaustion. 3) prasad, kumble, kuruvilla, joshi are better than the current bangladeshi bowling unit any day. 4) boundaries were longer and bat technology was not what it is right now. 5) he got his runs faster.

anwar's record was better, reasons 1) pressure. independence cup, do or die match in front of 50,000 people. 2) heat and exhaustion. 3) prasad, kumble, kuruvilla, joshi are better than the current bangladeshi bowling unit any day. 4) boundaries were longer and bat technology was not what it is right now. 5) he got his runs faster.
6. No power plays 7. No free hits 8. Away from home 9. Against top test playing nation 10. No glasses/magnifying glass to sight the ball better