india will miss sehwag in champions trophy

TaNk

Sehwag eyeing comeback in T20 Champions League New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) Virender Sehwag, who is nursing a shoulder injury, is looking to return to international field with the Twenty20 Champions League next month. Sehwag, who has been out of the team since returning home midway through the Twenty20 World Cup in England in June, will be missing the tri-series in Sri Lanka as well as the Champions Trophy in South Africa. 'I am working hard on my shoulder and hoping that I will be fit before the Champions League T20,' Sehwag said. 'My rehabiliation is going really well. I am pushing myself hard. After first week of September, I will start batting properly in the nets. Normally I am throwing 20 or 50 balls a day but from second or third week of September I will start throwing more and try to play the local tournament if I get a chance,' Sehwag told CNN-IBN. Sehwag, who kicked up a row after highlighting the nepotism in selection matters of Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA), said he was happy with the outcome of the meeting with DCCA president Arun Jaitley. 'We had a positive meeting with Arun Jaitley and other members of the DDCA. Even Mr. M.K. Pataudi joined the meeting at my request and I am thankful to him.' Sehwag said that he was not targeting anyone in DDCA, but was only opposed to the system. 'My fight is against the system. You have to change the system and put some good people who can look after cricket.'

Sehwag's absence huge loss but Team India confident: Kirsten India's cricket coach Gary Kirsten said the team would draw inspiration from its past success in Sri Lanka as it copes with the "huge" loss of not having explosive opener Virender Sehwag for the tri-series in the island nation. More...

Sehwag's absence will play on my mind: Gambhir http://www.ptinews.com/news/290592_Sehwag-s-absence-will-play-in-my-mind--Gambhir

Johannesburg, Sept 19 (PTI) Back in the national team after missing the tri-series in Sri Lanka, India's Gautam Gambhir said his opening partner Virender Sehwag's absence will play in his mind but he would take the onus to anchor his team in the Champions Trophy. "He is a legend of the game and surely you miss him. We have a tremendous rapport, both on and off the field," said Gambhir about his Delhi team-mate who is recovering from a shoulder injury. "It (Sehwag's absence) does play on your mind. When he is around, he is so destructive that he allows you to be yourself. When he is not around, you try to take up the responsibility from both ends," he added. Statistics shows Gambhir is not his usual self when Sehwag is not at the other end.
Says alot about Viru iint ?

Veeru's explosiveness as a bat does so much for the team - for NY Giants fans - he is the Brandon Jacobs of the Indian Batting lineup. His absence will cost us in many ways, but in a way its good. We do have the depth in batting ability - on paper anyway. It will be good for the rest of the bats to build some confidence prior to the 2011 cup. Would be nice to see Gambhir continue on from his '08 form - and would be really good for Chota Yuvraj - Raina - to show some improvement. Warm-up games will be key. Btw, the old man of Indian cricket looks like he had a great off-season. Well-rested and raring to go, his batting against NZ and SL has suckered me into wasting more $$ on willow.tv for this champions trophy...

Veeru's explosiveness as a bat does so much for the team - for NY Giants fans - he is the Brandon Jacobs of the Indian Batting lineup. His absence will cost us in many ways, but in a way its good. We do have the depth in batting ability - on paper anyway. It will be good for the rest of the bats to build some confidence prior to the 2011 cup. Would be nice to see Gambhir continue on from his '08 form - and would be really good for Chota Yuvraj - Raina - to show some improvement. Warm-up games will be key. Btw, the old man of Indian cricket looks like he had a great off-season. Well-rested and raring to go, his batting against NZ and SL has suckered me into wasting more $$ on willow.tv for this champions trophy...
dont know about the comparison with big mouth jacobs.we can win without Viru but the Giants are awful without jacobs.