Are you ever ashamed to be an Indian cricket supporter?

MSDhoni

Wasnt that McGrath thing in reply to them saying something about his wife who had cancer ?
Bradman99, McGrath asked him "did you like the taste of lara's dick" and he replied with something about his wife (I think he said he didnt know that she had cancer). Even if he knew why did McGrath dish out something when he couldnt take it back
Bradman99, McGrath asked him "did you like the taste of lara's dick" and he replied with something about his wife (I think he said he didnt know that she had cancer). Even if he knew why did McGrath dish out something when he couldnt take it back
There you go, I never expected that from McGrath. He seems like such a top bloke.
There you go, I never expected that from McGrath. He seems like such a top bloke.
its weird , Indian fans have forgotten how Dravid was applying lollies, Azhar fixing matches , Bhajji being a moron .. the same way Aussies chose to ignore what their players do. Its same for all fans, we choose to forget mistakes of our own.
I have been supporting the Indian cricket team for almost 10 years now, but there are so many times where I am ashamed of the behaviour of our team. I have seen captains and former captains Dhoni and Ganguly trying to claim catches that bounced at least 2 inches in front of them. Also Sharma giving sends off to people all the time. I have seen Harbhajan racially racially vilify Australia players, and then carry on like a comeplete fool when he dismissesed Ponting (and then later on in that match we accuse Australians of over celebrating?), not to mention slapping his team mate. Then Sreesanth carries on like a 12 year old when he finally removes Symonds, who by that time had already scored 100. On top of this the crowds then get involved with racist taunts towards players. We carry on like girls when a few umpiring decisions go against us and threaten to abandon the tour and seem to forget so many other things that went on in that game. I have seen Dravid ball tamper, Dhoni use gloves that were illegally big, Harby get clean bowled and then stand his ground and then swear at Kevin Pieterson. I have seen Gavaskar get an LBW decision against him and storm off the field and take players with him. In the Sydney test Ganguly smashed his bat on to the pitch like a petulant child when he was dismissed in the first innings. He stonewalled and didn’t walk after being dismissed in the second innings. Again Harby inappropriately patted Brett Lee on the buttocks. Kumble refused to shake the umpires hands after the game, poor sportsmanship in anyone’s estimation as despite their poor performance they are entitled to still being provided with a modicum of respect and decency by the captain of the opposition (Symonds shook Harbajhan’s hand after the game). So even though all this nonsense happened in the same text (on top of this the racism was mentioned earlier), we still find the need to call Australian's cheats? Based on what? Ponting took a catch earlier in the match but said he wasn't sure whether it carried and allowed the batsmen to go on, yet we have the guts to say that we were playing in the right spirit, and Australia wasn't? When things don't go our way we burn effogies of umpires and players, instead of looking at where we went wrong. Then we refuse to take drug tests, what have we got to hide? We doctor pictures depending on our position in series. Have we forgotten about the incessant appealing from Indian teams when games were played on our soil in front of sympathetic national umpires. Do you not remember the appeals for anything that came close to a pad and the trigger happy umpires? On top of this because the BCCI controls the game, they are able to bully the ICC and get what they want when things don't go their way. When we are beaten we can never accept that we were beaten by the better team and must blame umpires and accuse others of cheating. Look am I a true Indian supporter but really sometimes our behaviour really pisses me off. Does anyone else feel the same?
good post :hysterical:

^ True, I was probably too young to know about that one though. All I remember is McGrath getting in Chanderpaul (was its) face.. But yeah you're definately right there. I suppose fans will always be blinded by their own team. I try my best, to do that as little as possible. But perhaps, it's impossible.

What happened in the McGrath-Sarwan incident was: There were a few stares and glares and the odd chirp here and there. Then McGrath said to Sarwan, "How does Brian Lara's dick taste?" to which Sarwan replied, "Ask your wife" and there McGrath lost it. He got all animated and said, "if you ever say anything about my wife again, I'll ****ing rip your throat out" I still blame McGrath for this incident. Don't start something if you can't take it back. I don't know if Sarwan knew about McGraths wife being a cancer patient. But the situation is nothing to do with his wife having cancer, its a sledge that has been used in sport forever. What if Sarwan was really sensitive about being called gay. McGrath never stopped to think about that and was happy sledging him

Whats Pathetic is that, people have to disguise themselves so bad they almost mock themselves silly to get thier point across, and on top some sidy Pakis thrown in a cheap smiley which their life is succumbed too Get lost, grow some balls - come back with your true identity and then discuss

What happened in the McGrath-Sarwan incident was: There were a few stares and glares and the odd chirp here and there. Then McGrath said to Sarwan, "How does Brian Lara's dick taste?" to which Sarwan replied, "Ask your wife" and there McGrath lost it. He got all animated and said, "if you ever say anything about my wife again, I'll ****ing rip your throat out" I still blame McGrath for this incident. Don't start something if you can't take it back. I don't know if Sarwan knew about McGraths wife being a cancer patient. But the situation is nothing to do with his wife having cancer, its a sledge that has been used in sport forever. What if Sarwan was really sensitive about being called gay. McGrath never stopped to think about that and was happy sledging him
Ok, McGrath was definately in the wrong then. If Sarwan said that he didn't know about McGraths wifes condition then I'd take his word.
Whats Pathetic is that, people have to disguise themselves so bad they almost mock themselves silly to get thier point across, and on top some sidy Pakis thrown in a cheap smiley which their life is succumbed too Get lost, grow some balls - come back with your true identity and then discuss
Very well said.