Pankaj Advani wins World Billiards Championship

Rajiv

awesome :yay: Now the question: What's the difference between billiards and pool?
pool is the simple one in which you play for either stripes or solid balls. More like Carrom gamein which if you take the white one first, then you have to finish up all the white ones to win the match.. Billiards is the the one which is the complicated one witht the big table and diff color balls.

^^ That is Snooker True Billiards is just 3 balls, or most of us know it as but Billairds can be umbrella term for snooker
I know snooker and pool but always thought billiards is a different game. Guess I am completely wrong.:P Snookers as far as I know you alternate with pocketing red and colored balls and when all the red balls are pocketed you pocket the color balls in order. I am not sure about the pocketing of the colored balls in order though.

^^ Sequence is Yellow, Green, Brown, Blue, Pink and then Black Skill is to snook the oppostion to gain max pts
Yea now I remember it and also you keep tabs on your score on that slidy thingy. Its been a long time since I played it. Snookers is more fun than pool, in my opinion. :icflove: That's almost like 10 years ago.....I feel old. :((

OBJECT OF THE GAME 3 Ball is based on a point (number of shot) scoring system. The object is to break and pocket the balls in the fewest amount of shots possible. Standard billiard rules do not apply in 3 ball, that is balls need not contact a rail after a shot, no balls need to hit the rail on the break etc. Anything goes in 3 ball. The only steadfast rule is the scoring of the shots. The break does count as a shot. The cue ball is positioned on the head spot (kitchen) for breaking. The number of shots it takes a player to break and pocket all balls is their score. There are no innings in 3 ball as it is designed for one player per game. A player breaks and shoots until all balls are pocketed. A miss shot constitutes as a shot but the player will continue to shoot somewhat like a stroke count in golf. BILLIARDS 3-ball 3 Lives 6-ball 8-ball - Most Popular 9-ball - Most Popular 10-ball 14.1 Continuous Bank Pool Cake Convergence 8-Ball Cowboy Cut Throat