Pankaj Advani wins World Billiards Championship

Rajiv

I googled for exact explanation, didnt know there were so many variations but traditional english/indian is snooker and 3 ball billiards 70% of shots played in pool would be considered a foul ball in snooker, so in hindsight a pool player would be a bad snooker player. Snooker sticks are thinner and balls are smaller in size, allowing for more cuts and slices whereas in pools, its more about banking and placement The game was invented by British army officers in India, it still holds its character in the clubs. The room is supposed to be quiet, 30 min rule ( not for tourneys ) with referee who will call foul balls and mange the points I played a doubles tourney once, got kicked in 2nd round by my cousin where he jumped ( massé ) the ball across the table for a lead ( till date he calls that shot as "scuba diving" and I teased by calling it "amazing discovery" ( a popular show on startv in those days ) A great masse 5Sk9_hWUDZM

did some one say Vijender and Sushil Kumar are pretenders ? not trying to discredit Advani here , but most people would agree there is no comparison between Billiards and Boxing . Vijender is actually seeded no1 in the on going wc and ranked second in the world ,pretender he is .
Vijender is surely a good boxer,but if u go by rankings then Gauti should have also won it.RD too was no.1 a while back. wat has Vijender done so far?he won a Bronze in Olympics,not even a silver.lets see how he does in this WC n whether he justifies his award n less we talk about Sushil Kumar,the better

ya he did well,would like to see him win now. wat i meant was wen he was awarded the Khel Ratna his achievements were not too great.now he has done well.if he was given the award now.i would have no problem