Non Resident Indians or Not Required Indians

fineleg

It may apply to all the self centered jerks who made a big scene out f being a NRI, for me nothing has changed, I as wanted or not wanted by my friends and family as I was before I moved out of India. Some of the complaints against NRI's are unfair though, like asking for AC etc, I grew up in Chennai, sweltering hot as everyone knows, never had a prblem growing up, after 5-6 years in the US, when I went to Chennai for an extended stay, I could not take the heat, when I went to bed there used t be a pool of sweat around me (sleeping on the floor, which is what I prefer), so some complaints are genuine and some are not. More over also depends who yu demand for stuff, it is yur parents or your close siblings I guess they would not mind, but some people are jerks not because they are NRIs but because they just are. This was the same kind of stuff that people who lived in major cities when they used to visit their native villages used to do.

NRIs deserve this treatment. they all r traitors. they should be treated far worser than this. all NRIs make fun of India' date=' and ditch their country only to earn some extra $$$$$. i hope all their 100% income gets taxed so that they start realising their mistake, forgive to all indians & return back to India.[/quote'] If u get a good job in USA or any western country I can bet my life that u wouldn't go back to India.

If u get a good job in USA or any western country I can bet my life that u wouldn't go back to India.
How are you planning to forfeit your life? I know quiet a few guys who are coming back to India despite having good jobs in the US, even in the current economic climate. Oh did i mention that lots of NRIs open fixed accounts in India to get that nice 6-7% rate which compared to the 1-2% in Western countries. The only risk is of course the INR which fluctuates like YoYo. you get 6% interest. cut at 20% would mean 4.8%. Now to bring it down to 2% you need the INR to fall by more than 50%. Even the INR would find it difficult. Though this is as long as you are not changing the money back to dollars. banks usually charge 1% on conversion rates? Not sure of this amount though.

I know a few ' date=' who have turned down high playing jobs after their studies in US & a lot more of them who have come back after 2-3 year working there ....$$$ need not tempt everyone[/quote'] I don't think people are tempted by dollars more like quality of life.And yes I would go back to India within one year too.That was a comment directed to that particular person who consider NRIs unpatriotic and traitors.