14 off 45 !!!!!!

Texy

Look, I've watched Sachin enough to say that unless the required run rate was very high and we had very few overs to make 100 runs or something, I don't think Sachin would do anything to risk his wicket, because its just not necessary. He's got the ability to score his runs all around the wicket, and with the recent innovations and cheeky runs that he's added to his repertoire, he can easily make up the # of dot balls. IF you cannot accept that, this is not worth a debate. The lowest that the run rate went upto was around 4.5 and the highest the rrr went upto was around 6.8 when he was still there. Preserving your wicket early was important rather than hitting out because scoring runs was NOT easy. As I continue to repeat myself, Dravid's 48 off 55 when he exited the field is more worthwhile than a 27 off 33 that Sachin contributed. I've seen the replays of the dismissal, and it was a mistimed shot still because I've seen him play that shot to a similar ball in England when we visited in 2007 and get a 6 for it. It was not the wrong shot for that ball. Mistiming it is different. But I don't think I can convince you because I disagree with your basic premise that what Dravid was doing in the first 15 overs was wrong. I think it was perfect as it showed in the end. You may have your own opinions of it though. Scoring was incredibly difficult as the rest of the batting line up showed, and whatever Dravid did, he got some 20 runs higher than the next highest, and that was Sachin. Whether you're scoring 230 or 307 or even 435 you can only score it if you're at the crease. Dravid preserved his wicket well when he could've lost it to acceleration. Later on he made up for the slow scoring initially. If he had Sachin at the other end, he wouldn't have tried to play that ball in the same way he did that got him bowled. In the end, what Dravid did was right, and blaming him indirectly for Sachin's dismissal is being unfair to both Sachin's mental capability and Dravid.
Look man, in a chase of 300+, in Sri Lanka, you can't go at a S/R of 50 unless a batsmen is rampaging at the other end. The math doesn't add up. And I keep saying that I'm not blaming Dravid for Tendulkar's dismissal...Tendulkar makes mistakes just the same as everyone else. It's just that Dravid going to bat at #3 in a huge chase and playing like that is a tactical mistake. You've got to see the big picture instead of a game to game basis. Take Dravid's innings today...forget the S/R, which was around 70, but he batted with INTENT. He supported Tendulkar in every way he could, and in a pressure situation of a final, to come in and open, i thought he played awesome. The innings was similar, he was 9 off 19 at one point, but the situation was completely different. There's no issue with him scoring slowly because he was playing his role to perfection. You said that very same phrase for his last innings, and I will say that phrase for this innings, even though he scored LESS runs in MORE balls. It's all about the situation man, the momentum, and how you approach the game. Dravid showed his true class today. BUT I still think he should come down the order in SAF. Let Sehwag and Tendulkar do their thing at the top, Dravid will be perfect down the order to shepherd the middle order.
Guest gaurav_indian
hes playing for my national team ' date=' so i have every right to question his performances . :winky:[/quote'] Sachin scored a century in the final. :finger:
find a post where i have said that :winky: anyway hasnt tendulkar scored in finals before ?
Had I been a member on green park I would have provided you the quote. Alas, I don't :winky:
Had I been a member on green park I would have provided you the quote. Alas' date=' I don't :winky:[/quote'] no proof ? dint happen :dance: seriously ,even if you wer a member there , you wont find a post of mine claiming that ..I do know my cricket bro & that includes what tendulkars archived in his career & what he hasnt .
Guest gaurav_indian
no proof ? dint happen :dance: seriously ,even if you wer a member there , you wont find a post of mine claiming that ..I do know my cricket bro & that includes what tendulkars archived in his career & what he hasnt .
And who are you? Venkatpathy Raju or Nilesh Kulkarni?
who wouldn't be frustrated with Dravid..... 5 ov 19 runs ONLY!! ** IN PROGRESS!!! <<<< right here..this is where we will lose!! This is the difference sehwag-gauti makes SRT is doing all the score
Sehwag/Gambhir belong to a different league in recent times. The way Gambhir just drops the ball at his feet and runs and lets Sehwag have Pary is a sight to behold. Especially he is the best against "Umar Gul". But i think Sachin and Sehwag will be opening in future with Gambhir coming in at 3. I think Dravid will announce retirement after championship trophy.
Look man, in a chase of 300+, in Sri Lanka, you can't go at a S/R of 50 unless a batsmen is rampaging at the other end. The math doesn't add up. And I keep saying that I'm not blaming Dravid for Tendulkar's dismissal...Tendulkar makes mistakes just the same as everyone else. It's just that Dravid going to bat at #3 in a huge chase and playing like that is a tactical mistake. You've got to see the big picture instead of a game to game basis. Take Dravid's innings today...forget the S/R, which was around 70, but he batted with INTENT. He supported Tendulkar in every way he could, and in a pressure situation of a final, to come in and open, i thought he played awesome. The innings was similar, he was 9 off 19 at one point, but the situation was completely different. There's no issue with him scoring slowly because he was playing his role to perfection. You said that very same phrase for his last innings, and I will say that phrase for this innings, even though he scored LESS runs in MORE balls. It's all about the situation man, the momentum, and how you approach the game. Dravid showed his true class today. BUT I still think he should come down the order in SAF. Let Sehwag and Tendulkar do their thing at the top, Dravid will be perfect down the order to shepherd the middle order.
Sehwag is out with injury n Gauti is also unsure.if he doesnt recover,RD will be the man i'll open with