Is there anyone in the England ODI side who could walk into any of these sides?

Mr. Wicket

Right now Pietersen is not a part of the picture with his leg injury and a long layoff ahead. Agree though that if fit, he would be an automatic selection in just about any middle order. But aside from him, does England have anyone who could challenge for a place in any of the other sides? What about vice versa?

Stuart Broad can make in many sides.
Really? Australia have Lee, Johnson and Bracken who are all better ODI bowlers. Sri Lanka have Kulasekara, Thushara and Malinga, who have been outstanding recently. India have options from Zaheer, Ishant, Irfan, Praveen Kumar (play him soon :mad: ), Nehra and RP Singh, and of those RP and Nehra may be challenged - Broad is certainly more consistent than them, but both Nehra and RP are capable of winning (and have won) more ODIs single handedly with the ball. South Africa would be another very hard pick given they have some excellent ODI seamers who can't get a game. Pakistan may be the only team where Broad could get a game, but that depends on the injuries and criminal/drug records of various other players.
Really? Australia have Lee, Johnson and Bracken who are all better ODI bowlers. Sri Lanka have Kulasekara, Thushara and Malinga, who have been outstanding recently. India have options from Zaheer, Ishant, Irfan, Praveen Kumar (play him soon :mad: ), Nehra and RP Singh, and of those RP and Nehra may be challenged - Broad is certainly more consistent than them, but both Nehra and RP are capable of winning (and have won) more ODIs single handedly with the ball. South Africa would be another very hard pick given they have some excellent ODI seamers who can't get a game. Pakistan may be the only team where Broad could get a game, but that depends on the injuries and criminal/drug records of various other players.
I consider Broad an all rounder and every captain wants a fast bowling all rounder. He has more chance to get in Indian ODI team than Pak or SL. Broad can challenge Mathews from SL & Rana or Razzak in Pak.Broad has no competition in Indian line up. Yousuf Pathan is a poor ODI player. His bowling is average & can be replaced by overs from Yuvi,Sehwag,Raina.Broad batting is way better than Yousuf. Broad is also better than Oram in my opinion & will also get in WI team. SA have Albie & Kallis and Aus have Watson & Johnson.

Nothing is certain. At one point in Pathan's career people said the exact same thing about him. We're looking at players based on what they HAVE done and what they are presently doing, not on what we IMAGINE they might be able to do. This isn't any different from Aag being dubbed an all-rounder a few months into his career.

Again, this isn't a crystal ball. For all you know by the time he peaks, Irfan may have found his niche and Abhishek Nayar may be a world-class Kluseneresque all rounder. Or Luke Wright may have overshot Broad! (Which is my guess, given his staggering improvement in the last 2 years) And yeah, Pak certainly can use openers...

Forget the current ODI team, how many of their cricketers who have played ODIs in the last 15 years qualify as at least half decent cricketers? KP Freddie Trescothick Thorpe Gough Nick Knight (possibly) I am sure I am missing some names but boy England sure has the knack of producing very few good ODI cricketers.