Kaptaan MS Dhoni's benchmarks.

patriot

For someone who has captained India in ODIS for a period of time - MS is BY FAR, our greatest captain with a W/L record of 35W 18L: W/L ratio of 1.944 But our run has started only 2 years back - Lets hope we become more ruthless absolutely whitewashing atleast our homeseries against all comers - Blanking the Aussies ( atleast 5-2) and Lankans ( whitewash) at home should be good deal. Most ruthless captainship records of all time: WJ Cronje: 99W 35L: W/L ratio of 2.82 RPonting : 135W 39L : W/l ratio of 3.46 SRWaugh: 67W 35L : W/L ratio of 1.914 IVA Richards: 67W 36L: W/L ratio of 1.86

To be honest Dhoni has a much better team than all other captains, but the way he is managing and taking care of the team is exemplary, no other captain can be as cool and as straight as Dhoni can be Remember how we gave to stick to CSK during one horrendous game they had Ganguly started this trend getting in good players and was highly successful Sachin had the worst of the lot, partly to take blame for getting some absolute dimwits into the team

I think Ganguly had a better team under him ..Dhoni though just seems to have a midas touch. No Sehwag, No Gambhir, No Zakky and we beat the ( at home ) formidable Lankans -- for the 1st time in 10 years and over half a dozen attempts. ( in tri series). The last time I think was teh Singer Akai Cup in 1998. Dhoni is more ruthless as captain - though not half has expressive and excitable as Ganguly. Muh mein ram bagal mein churi - thats the type of captain we need. From what I observed Ganguly was only content in winning series - so be it by 1 game. Dhoni is a different animal. Good for us. I think this is the 9th or 10th ODi series win in such a short captacincy stint already by Dhoni.

Dhoni is a fantastic leader n will definitely end up the statistically most succesful indian captain ever,but u cant compare with Dada.Dhoni has been lucky in the sense that he had a largely a very good team n atleast 3 or 4 players have been in great form always n one of them has been there to take us home.Dhoni himself has been in fantastic form with the bat which helps his confidence while captaining.Dhoni lost his touch in T20 WC n we saw wat happened,he captained pathetically n we couldnt make S/F despite being favourites.Dada on the other hand inherited the team amidst the match fixing saga,he had to start from scratch,we were a timid team n Dada changed that. however Dhoni is far more tactically shrewd n is always ahead of the game.he also is a great man manager.not only does he get the best out of younsters but also seniors,it is no coincidence that SRT's under alll 3 finals under Dhoni have yielded great results for him.its the confidence he exudes. as i said,Dhoni may end up a far more statistically successful,its too hard to compare.the impact that Dada had on Indian cricket cant be disputed

Dada's team regularly had Sachin, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble, Srinath and Dada himself as core, thats 6 of the topmost players who have ever played for India...add Bhajji, Zaheer, Sehwag and Yuvraj to the list and it makes 9-10 topmost players ever to play for India!! And these guys played in almost 85-90% of the games under dada's captaincy. I dont know what people mean when they say MSD has a better team and hence we are winning.

Dada's team regularly had Sachin, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble, Srinath and Dada himself as core, thats 6 of the topmost players who have ever played for India...add Bhajji, Zaheer, Sehwag and Yuvraj to the list and it makes 9-10 topmost players ever to play for India!! And these guys played in almost 85-90% of the games under dada's captaincy. I dont know what people mean when they say MSD has a better team and hence we are winning.
:dito:
Its not that simple to just look at the players that made the team. Sachin and Ganguly were at their peak during Azhars captaincy. Sachin was still great when Ganguly was captain. Laxmans peak lasted a couple of series and that was it. Laxman was by no means a good ODI player. Yuvraj was inconsistent when he started and became a very good player only near the end of Ganguly era. Sehwag was inconsistent and has been great only in the last 2 years. Srinath and kumble again probably peaked during Azhars time and played little with Ganguly. Although i agree that on the average Ganguly had better players than Dhoni, a lot of those players were never consistent. But under Dhoni, Ghambir,Sehwag, Yuvraj,Dhoni et al are playing in or near their peaks. Ofcourse this has to do with the relative short time Dhoni has been captain. Only a more prolonged time period will tell us who had the better team. PS: Only talking about ODIs

Look at the way he focussed presentation, though he had achieved great feet, he doesn’t spoke about his achievement, rather pointed about team's mistakes under pressure. He is looking forward! India is so so so gifted to have a captain like MS! :congrats: :hatsoff: he manged his cool even under the presence of M** F*** Comedian Monkey Arun lal :mad:

Look at the way he focussed presentation, though he had achieved great feet, he doesn’t spoke about his achievement, rather pointed about team's mistakes under pressure. He is looking forward! India is so so so gifted to have a captain like MS! :congrats: :hatsoff: he manged his cool even under the presence of M** F*** Comedian Monkey Arun lal :mad:
:hysterical: