Zal Irani Trophy, 2009

Chandan

You must be joking. I wouldn't have expected that comment from you given how closely you follow the domestics - Mukund has been one of the most prolific domestic openers' date=' Jadeja has been very consistent for some time now and Uday Kaul has had an excellent start to his f/c career - one of the brighter lights in Punjab for a while now.[/quote'] Salil, Despite having a prolific 08 season, is Mukund the best, out of our national squad? I've seen him play and am sure that he won't last an over in front of international class bowlers on pitches which have bounce above knee height. I'm quite hopeful for Jadeja but we all saw how he batted in internationals. These guys have a long way to go and I'm not even confident if they will be able to go that far. That is why I said that if these guys are our future then our future for batting is bleak.
Great to see Sehwag back. Pujara is a surprising ommision though. I rate him much higher than Tiwary, though both look like to be carriers of the FTB virus. Nice to see Sreesanth back in the reckoning again. We really need him to pick up his form before the next season given our fast bowling resources. Why isn't Kaif there - he has had two monster domestic seasons in a row? Is Saha that good a keeper though? Does it mean Chotu is out of the reckoning for the near future at least? Has Zaheer been named in the Mumbai squad? Will he be fit by then?
Pujara is still struggling to recover from the injury he sustained in the practice match of IPL. He had said that he'd do his utmost to be fit before the season commemces but was not very hopeful. Mumbai hasn't named its squad yet.

Sreesanth is the one who i would follow keenly in this tournament. I want him back into the national squad, an in form Sreesanth is truly a sight to watch, with his great seam position and the natural swing that he gets. Hope he has recovered fully from his injury and has not lost his mojo in bowling. He will always talk because thats the way he is and we have to accept that, but if he can bowl as well as he did at J'BURG SA 2006 ill take all his antics for that kinda performance..

Surprising to see Manish Pandey not being selected for the Challenger Trophy.
Was this said in jest, TSAG? If yes, then I had a good laugh certainly. But if no, then could you please tell me why Manish Pandey should have been chosen for this match which is FC and India's best XI players outside the Ranji champions team play as ROI team?
What a solid team. Virender Sehwag Murali Vijay S Badrinath Manoj Tiwary Virat Kohli Ravi Jadeja Wridhi Saha (wk) Irfan Pathan Sreesanth Praggy Ojha Sudeep Tyagi Bwahaha, what a line up. Good luck to whoever's facing them!
Nice humour! But Kohli is not in XI. And this is one of the weakest ROI team one can imagine!
You should check the thread title first then before posting' date=' no? This thread is about Sehwag being made the captain of ROI for the Irani trophy!![/quote'] You should read the first post carefully before objecting, no? That post also mentions the teams participating in the Challenger series .
Cos Sehwag' date=' Gambhir, DK, RPS, Praveen, Nehra, Uthappa, Dravid, Mishra, Chawla all will be busy playing lalit modi's tamasha 'champions league'.[/quote'] :nono: Let us check Champions League and the quality of cricket before criticizing it. It is a new tournament and let us wait for it to happen before criticizing it. I think CLT20 will be a great success. Lalit Modi zindabad :--D :two_thumbs_up: