Zal Irani Trophy, 2009

Chandan

ROI to win Sehwag will score a pair of 30s.. Sreesanth and Tyagi wil Impress Manoj Tiwary would be among runs Badrinath to hit a century Ojha to disappoint Agarkar among wickets Rahane/Sharma in a big p'ship stand Pawar impresses
Mumbai to kick ROI's ass. 450+ total in our first innings is my gut feeling with a ton from one of the big boys (Rahane, Rohit or Jaffer).
:hail: Agarkar :hail: Heck of a start to the season, aside from letting ROI get about 50+ more than they should have. Only disappointment on the scoreboard is Iqbal Abdulla who I would expect a bit more steadiness and control from than a 5 an over spell. Sounds like Aggy was superb with the new ball. India needs him. Excited to see how Jaffer and the young batsmen approach the innings now. Someone needs to play a solid, mature hand and produce a big score - if one of Jaffer, Rohit or Rahane can ton up in a big way we could bat ROI out of the game straight away.
r u serious?one can never be sure with u n Aggy
Aggy or RP Singh, on current form? Aggy or Ishant? I think it's obvious.
We have had many a False Dawn with our Fast Bowlers, but Sir Aggys performance was really heartening to see, Pitched them up got movement, Used the Short delivery as a Suprize weapon and didnt overdo it and whats more he didnt bowl his Stock Delivery -- The Full Toss. I was really disappointed in Jaffer though (As i have said multiple times in this Thread :D) he should have bought Aggy back when they were 7 down for around 170. Abdullah did Ok, he just floated a few up there, bowled short on occasions, but in between bowled some real good ones, but then again those were to the likes of Ojha and Sreesanth. Rahil Shaikh was a Bummer, No control, Wayward bowling. DK was good, kept it tight, induced a few edges, how I wish he adds an extra yard of pace to his bowling. Porky Powar was summed up perfectly by Chandan, must say the scrambled dive he made to save a boundary was certainly one of the High Points of the Day for me.
Guest Hiten.

Agarkar is the only Indian bowler who has been consistent when it comes to maintaining his speed, swing and body weight (:hehe:). Poor guy keeps getting dropped, hence the depression and lesser appetite :D. It's good to see botox supporter finally appreciate the abundance talent of the great man. It will be interesting to see if Agarkar can match his 1st innings performance in the 3rd innings of the game. Most of the Indian bowlers struggle to match their own standards in the 2nd innings (with the exception of Sree's Jo'burg heroics). Zaheer not playing this one either ? Munaf will be effective once the ball gets older. He should never be given the new ball. Any info on how good is this Tyagi lad ? Have seen his bowling in glimpses in IPL and I don't think that's a good measuring scale of his abilities.

Bowling: Impressive on Day 1: Agarkar: Very very impressive bowling today, accurate, swung the ball both ways throughout the day, hardly any bad balls. Sreesanth: good speed, looked in good rhythm, swung the ball a bit but a few were off line too. Average: Dhawal : bowled with accuracy, swung the ball both ways subtlely, not threatening, bouncerers were often not well directed, few no ball trouble Abdullah: Hardly any turn or even bounce but it was mostly accurate. Don't think one can even think of this kind of bowling at international level. Bad: Powar : He was terrible. There was no consistency in his bowling today. Few deliveries had good flight and they dipped to the batsmen but mostly it was off target. Munaf : There was no movement, no speed, ill directed and bowled on Jaffer's pads which Jaffer put away gleefully. Length was okay but line was very inconsistent Any views on this?
Thanks for the summary, please keep it coming and please try to be fair and honest like always
Guest Hiten.
you broke canadian:hysterical: time to get on your knees? :giggle: neo cricket + star cricket + baroda getting a match on 25th= life good :two_thumbs_up:
Give me 30 million and I shall return it with interest like I always did :--D:icflove: