The Culprits from todays game

Cricketics

I thought the powerplay should have been taken when Raina was going great guns. We are usually very quick to take it as a shock tactic when batting first but when chasing we tend to delay and delay as do most teams. In the end the batting powerplay was left to the tailenders which is a huge waste.

You can only complaint about things that they could have controlled. GOD got out to a decent delivery so you can't find fault with him. Keeping that in mind... 1. Dhoni's captaincy. Using Virat Kohli ahead of Bhajji is hard to comprehend. 2. One dimensional bowling from our seamers. Lack of slow balls, etc and Bhajji 3. Poor running between the wickets. 4. YP. I don't know if he wants to be the next Viv Richards but I know that in order to be one, it ain't enough to just chew a gum.

I thought the powerplay should have been taken when Raina was going great guns. We are usually very quick to take it as a shock tactic when batting first but when chasing we tend to delay and delay as do most teams. In the end the batting powerplay was left to the tailenders which is a huge waste.
THANK YOU.... finally someone spoken the truth
People blaming Dravid. Where have you been? He played with a 70 SR all thru his career. He keeps one end up for a long time, that's his job and is good only at that. He can't reinvent himself to become a Raina, Yuvi or Sehwag overnight, who are the risk takers.
No1 is expecting him to score run a ball, its the fact that he was blocking just about everything and denying perfect scoring opportunities. Now no1 can predict if he could score 50 off next 30 balls after that so its puts extra pressure on the other batsmen. If the target was 202 instead of 302 it would have been a perfect inning, no denying that. I bet you missed the part where Gauti was going berserk and Dravid couldnt even rotate the strike properly.
Heroes: Gauti, Raina Could've done better: Dravid
Agree!
Culprits: Bhajji, Tendu, RP, Dhoni
And what about Kohli, who showed he had such a limited range of strokes and once thirdman was blocked, he just couldn't score? What about Pathan who is getting chance in India like he has scored 15000 runs at the SR of 100 earlier. Why on earth is he getting such a big rope when he just can't do a job? I think Irfan would have done a better job than him.
every1 of them :cantstop:
Why do you have to put that smiley in every post?
I hope some blinded fans read this' date=' then they would know what exactly went on the game, Completely agree, we should'nt have given anywhere close to the runs we gave after having them 3 down for 70 odd.[/quote'] I'm absolutely surprised to see people blaming Dravid here. He did his job perfectly. If Sachin and Dhoni, two main players as well as Virat and Yusuf, two players who were supposed to play quickfire inning failed too, it wasn't Dravid's fault. Remember, one player can never chase 300, he needs at least three to four others to perform well. Finally, those who thought that Pak's team was a bad one are living in some other world. They have a superbly balanced attack, few very good batsmen and few others who can play quickfire inning. Plus their fielding was lot more energetic and they played with better intensity than we did. So Pakistan, simply based on their superior bowling and fielding deserved to win yesterday. .

^^^ I agree... Dravid should not be blamed for his slow inning... people around him were playing shots so he just needed to stay there... i feel sorry for Dravid.. the guy is unselfish to the core but the only thing he gets is gaaliyan.. but pak team is not good.. their batting line up is still shaky.. today they got lucky.. thanks to our captain dhoni.. who never wanted to plug that thirdman area.. and leaked boundaries like anything..

biggest culprit is Dhoni .team selection was faulty.he didnt select Mishra knowing well that pak struggle against ball turning away.Nayar should have been in for Yuppo.in game Bhajji was bowling crap but still bowled 10 over.pitch was dry,so why didnt Raina bowl is a mystery.Ishant also had two overs left unused ofcourse Bhajji is the other culprit,wtf was he doing?he was attacking option not containing one. on batting,i wont blame anyone too much.GG played fantastic knock but threw away his wicket.RD also played brilliantly n got runout,i hope he is fir for next game.MSD should have been batting at 4,not Kohli.

Poor captaincy by Dhoni in the field. Sharma had 3 overs left, but Bhajji continued who was already being pretty expensive. Perhaps that won't have extend their score to 300+ Bhajji and Rp. Very poor bowling today.. Tendulkar not scoring much Kohli playing rash shot to get out. Dhoni Yusuf Pathan's hard work of wearing pads and gloves and walking towards the middle to bat. That knucklehead umpire who raised his finger to give Raina out
^sharma and rp bowled 8 and 9 overs respectively....those 3 overs were bowled by viraj kholi who went for 7 runs an over at a time when pakistan was finding it hard to get the pace bowlers away....thats the dumbest piece of captaincy i ve ever seen.
Poor captaincy by Dhoni in the field. Sharma had 3 overs left, but Bhajji continued who was already being pretty expensive. Perhaps that won't have extend their score to 300+ Bhajji and Rp. Very poor bowling today.. Tendulkar not scoring much Kohli playing rash shot to get out. Dhoni Yusuf Pathan's hard work of wearing pads and gloves and walking towards the middle to bat. That knucklehead umpire who raised his finger to give Raina out
entire team .. move on ..