Overhaul of our ODI Bowling needed ASAP

Sooda

Because theyre a decent test pace attack, or have been till now Ive got a plan- they should have a 'career cycle' wherein each paceman plays two years, then takes a 3 year rest before returning- that way the 3 cr@ppy years in between -which seem inevitable for indian pacers, he will not be playing. And hopefully toward the tail end of their careers theyll be ok again-like Zak LOVE IT.

I dont know about anybody else but dump RP at least.. RP has been the most inconsistent of all except IPL 2 .. Nehra can be kept... Irfan is better than RP for sure and he should be brought back (anyways both are bowling in 120s nowadays) .. hope Zak is fit soon as he is the only bowler whom I have seen significantly consistent (not sure how well he would be after injury though)

prasad is not doing anything at all it seems... Zak was a senior bowler and almost a contemporary of Prasad and rest Prasad has not improved any of the new bowlers .. bring on someone really faast
Even if they had maintained the same standards no1 would complain but all our bowlers are showing negative growth. Lee on the other hand, everytime he drops below 140 he comes back faster and stronger.
Guest gaurav_indian
And a four pronged spin attack comprising of Mish, Bhajj, Piyush and Praggers Ojhers Rope in Irfan Pathan to bowl TWO (no more) with the new ball. Sachin will bowl his medium pace along side him. Take the shine off. Discuss
:fail: they are all spinners who bowls from longer run up. :finger:
:fail: they are all spinners who bowls from longer run up. :finger:
LOL. Aye, well replace em with a slower spinner still in Irfan Mishy should have played yes. Had he been in for say RPS- things would have been a little different The bowling unit does need a rehaul though- Tyagi, Irfan, Nehra, Bhajji, Mishra. Discuss

Overhaul of our ODI Bowling needed ASAP its really breathtaking we are no 1 with our bowling which has to be the 8th best in the world.I would rank a full strength windies bowling lineup ahead of us.We need to drop bowlers who are not performing.there are young players we could try out but we need a balance in our bowling.on most wickets nowadays we cold use the option of playing 2 frontline spinners but we are unable to because we dont a medium pace allrounder.i cant believe Irfan could have done much worse here.the lack of disciplne is the most serious problem though;it has not been fixed as long as venkatesh prasad is here and we need to let him go.

I agree... even the B-grade WI team of Tonge, Sammy and co. are better than us I think Sack Prasad .. enough of him .. I have not seen any improvement .. all the bowlers have lost pace after he was made the bowling coach .. just drop him and take a good FAST bowling coach .. and produce good fast bowlers from somewhere .. take Atul Sharma .. make fast bowling camps. .bring Kamran Khan and Amit Singh .. dig the earth and produce bowlers or do something else .. but we need really phaaast bowlers.. speed helps for sure and we have seen it in most matches.. even Ishant has reduced his speed drastically recently