Overhaul of our ODI Bowling needed ASAP

Sooda

Good. Now the majority of ICF sees this, then that means probably the rest of the crowd out there (including BCCI) have reached their limits with Ishant. I've been wanting him to be dropped from the team ever since the T20 World Cup match vs West Indies where in one over he gave so many runs that W.I. just took the game away from us. Then the very next games, IRFAN was dropped, Ishant was being pushed like crazy. Results? We got BEAT by England and one other team. The only reason we won the finals in Tri Series was because BHAJJI saved our bowling out of nowhere. I just can't wait to see Ishant get replaced now. I'm tired of him.

What is Prasad's fault? Nehra has actually been bowling well' date=' including this one match.[/quote'] Nehra actually first impressed in ipl where Prasad wasnt even his coach. He is just making his come back, let him spend a year under sir Venky's wings like Rp, IS and PK.

Agree. A complete and radical overhaul is needed. The batting can only take the team so far and when it fails to click the bowlers need to step up, unfortunately the current lot just BLEED RUNS. RP Singh - seriously is he related to a selector as has done nothing for ages. Looks so weedy and bowls slower than nehra. Gutless. Needs to be kicked out. Sharma - Enough is enough. Another underperformer who is always picked. Short and wide is his regular delivery. Doesn't appear too clever either as bowls same crap constantly. Drop him. H Singh - More of container than attacking bowler. Unsure of what to do with him. Nehra - Useful but do India really want to be building their attack around a thirtysomething? Effectively need 3 new quality bowlers but will anybody get a chance if the favourites are always picked?

Nothing new dude' date=' our bowling attack is decent at best. It's just that our batting line up is so strong that they save the bowlers every freaking time and its starting to show since we are missing our key batsmen and also one good bowler we have in ZAK[/quote'] Dude, Matches are won by batting and bowling,the pitches we played on are flat so if the bowlers do quite a good job of restricting opposition so we win,in seaming conditions batsman strugggle so bowlers step up and in flat pitches batsman step up. Indian fast bowlers outbowled pakistan fastbowlers in less favorable condiitons,but our spiners are no match
Good. Now the majority of ICF sees this, then that means probably the rest of the crowd out there (including BCCI) have reached their limits with Ishant. I've been wanting him to be dropped from the team ever since the T20 World Cup match vs West Indies where in one over he gave so many runs that W.I. just took the game away from us. Then the very next games, IRFAN was dropped, Ishant was being pushed like crazy. Results? We got BEAT by England and one other team. The only reason we won the finals in Tri Series was because BHAJJI saved our bowling out of nowhere. I just can't wait to see Ishant get replaced now. I'm tired of him.
Are you mad? Ishant bowled well ,i do not mind him doing anything in odis as long he is learning,t20 odis are worthless,he is our best test bowler and odis he will take time,\ bhajji bowled equally bad against srilanka,it is that they were attacking so he got wickets he hardly got wickets with good balls we need a legspinner as bhajji is too defensive.

i dont think it was a HUGE problem with our pacers.. when shahtri talked to akram at the toss.. he himself said.. it is going to be a nightmare for fast bowlers.. but they werent bad.. its bhajji who let us down in this match.. plus field placement at some stage was plain wrong..

i dont think it was a HUGE problem with our pacers.. when shahtri talked to akram at the toss.. he himself said.. it is going to be a nightmare for fast bowlers.. but they werent bad.. its bhajji who let us down in this match.. plus field placement at some stage was plain wrong..
if we bowled better lines and length, we wouldn't have conceeded 300+ if its short and wide, it will be put away, no wonder it'll be a nightmare

Ive got a plan- they should have a 'career cycle' wherein each paceman plays two years, then takes a 3 year rest before returning- that way the 3 cr@ppy years in between -which seem inevitable for indian pacers, he will not be playing. And hopefully toward the tail end of their careers theyll be ok again-like Zak. So Ishant is nearing the end of his good phase, drop him now. Bring in Tyagi (for his 15 month phase) and Sreesanth (who having been dropped already for about an year or so will be ok again) See where they went wrong with RPS is bringing him back too soon. Drop him now. And Irfan needs about a year or so on the sidelines too, he is always recalled too early. Same for Munaf When Tyagi and Sreesanth end their 'good phase' (in about a year) Bring RPS, and Irfan and MAYBE Ishant back in. Also have a look at whether say Kulkarni can play a year or so of internationals Zak could be the constant in all this. ITLL WORK!

stop blaming bowling coach. you can blame venki as bowling coach if our seamers have suddenly lost action , follow through anything of that sort . this is just basics of maintaining a line and length in pressure situations .. this is of course bowlers responsibility.

Are you mad? Ishant bowled well ,i do not mind him doing anything in odis as long he is learning,t20 odis are worthless,he is our best test bowler and odis he will take time, bhajji bowled equally bad against srilanka,it is that they were attacking so he got wickets he hardly got wickets with good balls we need a legspinner as bhajji is too defensive.
Ishant still learning!!! nice joke:haha::haha: Wht abt 17age aamir .