This defeat is so NOT hurting

Cricketics

it totally hurts. any indian fan saying it doesn't hurt is just lying. it is not just the defeat against arch rivals, it also puts the team's chances in the tourney in total jepoardy now. two tourneys in a row to get kicked out in the early round itself would be another major hurt. :((

I am actually glad its over with' date=' a defeat like this pushes the team[/quote'] And also shows us our weakness so we can work on it. When we win because of stuff like Sachin's century, our weaknesses like bad bowling is mostly ignored because of the celebrations. Now, at least its come into the limelight.
I do feel a bit sorry for icf indian fans . I see that the whole forum is filled with this match thread and here we have someone trying very hard to pretend that it dont hurt. Accept defeat in a gracious manner like aussies
I think you got destroyed in that thread about Flintoff being scared to play cricket in India. You shouldn't talk much. edit - lol his post got deleted. Serves him right.

If Pakistan was playing with Pak-A or Pak-Z it would have still hurt if we had lost against India. Strength of the team doesn't matter, the final result is what simply matters against arch-rivals. When we quickly got Sachin & Dhoni, then what makes you think that Sehwag Yuvraj would have made any difference. They could have been out cheaply too. Gambhir, Raina & Dravid I thought made excellent contributions and overall it was once again a good contest with the old rivals. Glad to see Malik owning India once again. :winky:

No doubt present Indian Team has an edge over Pakistan. With return of Sehwag & Yuvi & Zak, India should be able to perform much better. Nevertheless, you could also expect from Pakistan to be little stronger too next time if they really have learnt from their Mistakes and replace Imran Nazir & Umar Gul in next match in favour of Misbahul Haq & Asif. I wish India beat Australia & then ....... then ..... then India & Pakistan facing each other in Final. Just Imagine a Final of this CT between India/Pakistan. The world would go crazy.

it definitely hurts.but it would be blessing in disguise if Dhoni sees the common sense n doesnt repeat his mistakes.Mishra n Nayar have got to play against oz
Agree. Nayar should be in for Yusuf and Mishra even at the cost of Bhajji. It really felt pathetic to see Bhajji who is one of the top spinners in the world right now bowling negative line throughout his spell. Bhajji was a defensive instead of an attacking spinner yesterday in a spinner's paradise.

it has to hurt for 2 reasons .....selection was poor...srikanth should be fired as chief selector ..kohli is not better than rohit sharma and rp did nt look better than irfan ....and dhoni's captaincy was terrible after getting them down to 65 for 3 ..he brought in part timers ..and harbhajan did nt come into bowl untill the 26th over

Agree. Nayar should be in for Yusuf and Mishra even at the cost of Bhajji. It really felt pathetic to see Bhajji who is one of the top spinners in the world right now bowling negative line throughout his spell. Bhajji was a defensive instead of an attacking spinner yesterday in a spinner's paradise.
i wouldnt drop Bhajji just yet.he has a very good record against aussies plus he can contribut with the bat.but he needs to be told that he is there to take wickets,not contain. i wouls have Mishy for RP.He excels wen condition favour swing n is absolutely pathetic wen they dont
i wouldnt drop Bhajji just yet.he has a very good record against aussies plus he can contribut with the bat.but he needs to be told that he is there to take wickets,not contain. i wouls have Mishy for RP.He excels wen condition favour swing n is absolutely pathetic wen they dont
I agree that Bhajji cannot be dropped. And he is also good with the bat. But you are right that he has to be clearly instructed that he should attack and not contain. He has turned into a containing bowler in the last few years instead of an attacking bowler. Yesterday's performance was almost incredible. He hardly extracted any turn when Afridi and Ajmal who are rated a lot lower than him could almost spin the ball square. Frankly speaking whenever we have given chance to our other spinners like Ojha and Mishra they have proved themselves a lot better than Bhajji. I think we also need to give chance to the youngsters or they will lose confidence in themselves. At present it wont be wrong to say that maybe Ojha is a better spinner than Bhajji.
I agree that Bhajji cannot be dropped. And he is also good with the bat. But you are right that he has to be clearly instructed that he should attack and not contain. He has turned into a containing bowler in the last few years instead of an attacking bowler. Yesterday's performance was almost incredible. He hardly extracted any turn when Afridi and Ajmal who are rated a lot lower than him could almost spin the ball square. Frankly speaking whenever we have given chance to our other spinners like Ojha and Mishra they have proved themselves a lot better than Bhajji. I think we also need to give chance to the youngsters or they will lose confidence in themselves. At present it wont be wrong to say that maybe Ojha is a better spinner than Bhajji.
i also think Bhajji needs to be used better.i dont think i saw a slip for him ever.n he was introduced in 26th over.if u give him attacking field,he'll attack.if u have just 4 fielders in circle,he'll bowl nrgatively
it totally hurts. any indian fan saying it doesn't hurt is just lying. it is not just the defeat against arch rivals, it also puts the team's chances in the tourney in total jepoardy now. two tourneys in a row to get kicked out in the early round itself would be another major hurt. :((
To tell you the truth, with our bowlers and no viru or yuvi, I expected us to lose, so in that sense its not so hurtful, but the performance was poor and we still could have beaten them, so it hurts a bit there