India to play five bowlers in must-win match - Dhoni

Nayar can bowl, so take him for YKP. Then get in Mishra for RP. Nayar and Raina - 5th bowler Mishra Bhajji Ishant Nehra This way, the batting won't suffer.
I have been saying this for long. Why not try Nayar instead of Yusuf and bring in Mishra for RP. The batting balance would also remain and the team wont be that bad too.

From next series onwards I would still opt for Irfan in the 16 member squad.. keep him out of the playing XI normally but when required use him as the all rounder.. we are severely missing an all rounder now ... anyways with the return of Yuvi and Veeru we should have another two all rounders and even Zak can bat a bit ... I would in fact say that take also Jadeja and Ojha just for backup .. dont waste places by including Karthik, Yusuf etc. in the 16 member squad

Assuming we bowled very well in the last 7 overs left' date=' we would have been chasing 290. So, in the best case scenario we saved 10 runs by playing a 5th bowler. Brilliant Dhoni. :laugh:[/quote'] even if we played 8 bowlers it wouldnt have mattered with the way they were used.Nehra bowled a fantastic 1st spell.but instead of encourging him by giving attacking fields,Dhoni removed him after just 4 overs.normally u would give atleast 6 overs to a bowler bowling well.n then Mishra was bowling well n troubling Ponting,Dhoni removed him too n brought him back in batting powerplays.even the fields were too defensive.he attacked till he was forced to.as soon as the powerplays finished,slips were removed n easy singles were given
But in the last game, I was happy with the performance when it comes to five bowlers taken together. Of course, one or two will have their off-day but overall it was much better compared to the first game
WTF Dhoni is talking about?? :hmmmm: i tot we did worse against OZs than the 1st game .. with 5 bowlers, ozz were still going for 300+ target.. Dhoni has truly lost it..

Dhoni has been hopelessly biased in his selections, and judgements of late. Not sure what Gary Kirsten is doing. Does Kirsten have any opinion/strategy of his own? (The only interesting thing I remember is the 7-2 field against Katich and Hussey in one of the tests). The coaches are overpaid big time in cricket, and on top of that these guys never seem to be under pressure to deliver.