Is Ishant ruined forever?

cowboysfan

By that way' date='how many Dennis Lillees should we get from MRF:--D(just kidding).I really want a bowling coach like Allan Donald to instill the attitude of a fast bowler.[/quote'] haha... To be honest, I am not a big fan of MRF... If a Bowling Academy like MRF couldnt produce a "Single" Genuine fast bowler from 100 crore people in 20 years, it tells you the worth of the academy..lots of Coaches have criticized D.Lille coaching technique in MRF ..supposedly, D.Lille works more on getting convetional Line and Length technique and rejects anything unorthodox... Ian Pont also mentioned how MRF academy is not even focussed on producing a genuine fast bowler..

How about giving the young pacer the new ball and asking him to bowl flat out? or for that matter how about the captain or the senior players talking to him regularly to keep him focussed. Remember he's just 21 and is still learning the tricks of the trade. You can't expect someone so young to lead your pace attack. He is still good enough , just needs some more guidance and if Venky Prasad is coming in the way of that development, let Venky be shown a middle finger and ousted.Under him the pacers havent done anything significant and havent learn any new tricks or variations.

i cant bear wtching him bowl in odis.he has become a liability.I think prasad has to rake the blame here.Ishant has lost pace and cant maintain line and length and has no variations at all.he needs a long break.
He needs to bulk up and get some functional muscle mass. A high protein diet is what he needs meat meat meat, be that beef chicken or whatever. This kids young and IS NOT RUINED. He's just not being coached properly