Tragedy

DomainK

As some of you know, I make websites. One of my clients recommended me to his friend who was starting a new business. I met the new lead, discussed the requirements with him and then sent him a proposal. The guy was a tech illiterate, but knew his own trade and he told me what he would expect out of the website. I never heard from him and he never took my calls after that. That was some six months ago. Now I met my client who had recommended me a few days ago. He said that his friend was very upset with me because someone made the same website for him for 5000 where my quotation was 150000. I was surprised since his requirements were not simple. We googled for his website, could not find it. He then called him to ask the URL. Turns out someone has charged him 5000 for setting up an e-mail account on gmail. The guy does not know the difference between e-mail and website. He was also charged 1500 separately for domain name and web space. He called me a cheat and thought he got a great deal with the other guy.:hehe:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: on another note, damn, I made so many websites for free. i could've been a 100-thousand-ire by now :mad:
I agree, it is on the higher side. At the standard rate of $30/hour , basic website would not involve more than 30-40 hours of work. So about $1000 would be something reasonable for a professionally done website (Not some hack done by high school kids).
:fail:

Turns out someone has charged him 5000 for setting up an e-mail account on gmail. The guy does not know the difference between e-mail and website. He was also charged 1500 separately for domain name and web space. He called me a cheat and thought he got a great deal with the other guy.:hehe:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Nowadays gmail accounts require mobile phone verification and perhaps he charged 500 for mobile verification :hehe:

I agree' date=' it is on the higher side. At the standard rate of $30/hour , basic website would not involve more than 30-40 hours of work. So about $1000 would be something reasonable for a professionally done website (Not some hack done by high school kids).[/quote'] I personally believe one of the best places to get websites made is at guru.com .. you will find a lot of freelancers there and they start from only $7/hour and most reputed Indian freelancers there charge within $12/hour. And the popular designers there are quite experienced too with an incredible amount of work through guru.com itself every year and they do payment through escrow which means if the job is not done properly then you can stop payment till it is corrected.. there are several other such services too and I am not sure why anyone would not use such freelance services .. you can select the right persons based on the number of reviews of that person :hatsoff: