Next Generation Fast Bowlers of Indian Cricket

Cricketics

Frankly speaking the upcoming set of fast bowlers is even worse than the present one. Most of them are medium pacers rather than fast bowlers. I would also like to track Kamran Khan and if he is able to rectify his action while maintaining his speed. One good thing about Kamran Khan is that as we know he has struggled throughout his life. And such persons usually give out their heart to perform well compared to a well-to-do person. So, he would surely give out his heart as a position in the Indian team would mean gold mine for him. Moreover, such players do not have any attitude and would be good team guy too. I want to track the kid but I have never heard about him after the IPL. :hmmm: Hope BCCI tries to mend his action and to work on him. Right now I think Tyagi is the only immediate option left though Yadav is also a good prospect.

Heard about Tyagi and Yadav previously but not this Nechim Ahmed. But I just found an article in wikipedia about him and it says: So, do you mean you want the next Sir Eggy to enter the Indian team :P :vroam:
no similarities, taller than Aggy, his action may be similar to waqar round arm whippy action. he bowls good yorkers which i have seen in ICL when he bowler ANdrew hall and Chris Cairns on consecutive deliveries yorkers bowled upto 90 mph in ICL
Frankly speaking the upcoming set of fast bowlers is even worse than the present one. Most of them are medium pacers rather than fast bowlers. I would also like to track Kamran Khan and if he is able to rectify his action while maintaining his speed. One good thing about Kamran Khan is that as we know he has struggled throughout his life. And such persons usually give out their heart to perform well compared to a well-to-do person. So, he would surely give out his heart as a position in the Indian team would mean gold mine for him. Moreover, such players do not have any attitude and would be good team guy too. I want to track the kid but I have never heard about him after the IPL. :hmmm: Hope BCCI tries to mend his action and to work on him. Right now I think Tyagi is the only immediate option left though Yadav is also a good prospect.
It is probably not right to generalise like that. When you are poor one day and have $600K IPL contract on the next, all that money will go into your head. Just wondering - are most of the Indian batsmen from middle/upper class families, while the faster bowlers are mostly from those which are not too well off ?
no similarities' date=' taller than Aggy, his action may be similar to waqar round arm whippy action. [b']he bowls good yorkers which i have seen in ICL when he bowler ANdrew hall and Chris Cairns on consecutive deliveries yorkers bowled upto 90 mph in ICL
If he can bowl good yorkers then it is fine... frankly speaking after Zak's injury, I hardly remember anybody in the Indian team bowling a perfect yorker even during the death overs BTW which IPL team does Umesh Yadav play? I have never seen him but would surely like to see him :dance:
It is probably not right to generalise like that. When you are poor one day and have $600K IPL contract on the next, all that money will go into your head. Just wondering - are most of the Indian batsmen from middle/upper class families, while the faster bowlers are mostly from those which are not too well off ?
He had only a 30K IPL contract and 600K and he played merely a few games. So, maybe he was just paid maybe 15K or so and it cannot get into his head so soon. I am not generalising but it normally happens that the people who are poor give out their heart when given such a big chance.. I think we should track him.. obviously nobody can enter the Indian team directly but he can be honed up.. at least he can be provided training as he had no formal training in his life as per news reports then
Guest gaurav_indian

Most of the indian fast(medium) bowlers have a expiry date these days. They need to be recycled. Time has come for Sreesanth to make a comeback now and ishant should go back to domestic cricket. He is not worth 3 crores.

Guest gaurav_indian
Abhmanyu Mithun 19 years old , seen him hit 143kmph in the one IPL matches he played for RCB ...with some correction in his runup and action , is quite capable of bowling faster imo
Venky Prasad has got the talent to make them 120 k bowlers. :winky:
Most of the indian fast(medium) bowlers have a expiry date these days. They need to be recycled. Time has come for Sreesanth to make a comeback now and ishant should go back to domestic cricket. He is not worth 3 crores.
Can someone with the resources (like Varun) do some research on this. Will be interesting to see which country has the shortest lasting fast/medium bowlers. We can start with the debut of some major bowler like late 1999 (Lee) or late 2000 (ZK). Add up either the length of the career or number of Tests of all fast bowlers who made their debut after it divided by the number of players. Since many are still available to play, the result may not be too educative, but it will still be interesting.
If he can bowl good yorkers then it is fine... frankly speaking after Zak's injury, I hardly remember anybody in the Indian team bowling a perfect yorker even during the death overs BTW which IPL team does Umesh Yadav play? I have never seen him but would surely like to see him :dance:
DD,. got injured in warmups in second IPL, might play in CLt20

Kamran Khan CT 2009 has exposed India's bowling weaknesses.All we need is an out and out fast bowler who can pick wickets even on batsmen friendly tracks.And the one I remember is Kamran Khan who played for Rajasthan Royals in the IPL.He is young and quick.He has a weird action though.But that can be certainly sorted out.He should be there in the national team now.Enough of these RP Singhs and Irfan Pathans.India must produce more quickies.

CT 2009 has exposed India's bowling weaknesses.All we need is an out and out fast bowler who can pick wickets even on batsmen friendly tracks.And the one I remember is Kamran Khan who played for Rajasthan Royals in the IPL.He is young and quick.He has a weird action though.But that can be certainly sorted out.He should be there in the national team now.Enough of these RP Singhs and Irfan Pathans.India must produce more quickies.
Nehra got 4 wickets Vs Pak. It was the spinners that failed us.
HEY thats my idea!
Ive got a plan- they should have a 'career cycle' wherein each paceman plays two years, then takes a 3 year rest before returning- that way the 3 cr@ppy years in between -which seem inevitable for indian pacers, he will not be playing. And hopefully toward the tail end of their careers theyll be ok again-like Zak. So Ishant is nearing the end of his good phase, drop him now. Bring in Tyagi (for his 15 month phase) and Sreesanth (who having been dropped already for about an year or so will be ok again) See where they went wrong with RPS is bringing him back too soon. Drop him now. And Irfan needs about a year or so on the sidelines too, he is always recalled too early. Same for Munaf When Tyagi and Sreesanth end their 'good phase' (in about a year) Bring RPS, and Irfan and MAYBE Ishant back in. Also have a look at whether say Kulkarni can play a year or so of internationals Zak could be the constant in all this. ITLL WORK!
Im posting this everywhere in an attempt to get the point across. Afridi666 is right though, in a few months all our pacemen kinda forget the 'pace' bit Kamran chucks dosent he? Plus he needs AT LEAST one season of FC cricket, hes only ever played tape ball cricket or something. Got a unique kinda action thats for shiz
HEY thats my idea! Im posting this everywhere in an attempt to get the point across. Afridi666 is right though, in a few months all our pacemen kinda forget the 'pace' bit
So do their own pacers. What speed is Sohail Tanvir bowling ? How about Asif, is he going 140+ these days even after pumping Nandro ? Rana Naved is extreme pace ? Even Phasssst Amer was bowling in 130s during SL tour. I think we are confusing bad bowling with bowling at non-extreme pace.
It`s time you forget about pace and start moving the ball. We`ve had some real fast bowlers in Akhtar and Waqar but they were world class bowlers first. Speed always came second. Even Wasim of the mid 90`s -2000`s wasn`t the fastest :P
On pitch favoring seam/swing bowler, our seam attack can own yours. Zak/PK/Ishant can own Asif/Gul (lulz)/ Aamer :finger::finger: In case you forgot about Indians moving the ball: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6WXbDqfWj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6WXbDqfWj4[/ame]