Gunmen hold Pakistani Army officers hostage in the Army headquarters

coffee_rules

In India they attacked a hotel and kept innocent people hostage. In Pakistan, terrorists are a step ahead and are holding a few Army officers hostage. And they worry about a match/catch being dropped May be LTTE is funding this operation too? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gunmen hold hostages in Pak army headquarters Rawalpindi Pakistan's army says up to five militants are holding hostage between 10 and 15 security officers inside its headquarters. Army spokesman Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas says no army or intelligence leaders are among those being held Saturday. The militants slipped into the complex after they and others attacked it, sparking a gunbattle that killed four assailants and six soldiers. Uniformed gunmen attack Pak army HQ, leave 12 dead A team of gunmen wearing military uniforms and wielding assault rifles and grenades attacked Pakistan's army headquarters Saturday, sparking a ferocious gunbattle outside the capital that left four of the assailants and eight soldiers dead, authorities said. Two of the attackers managed to infiltrate the heavily fortified compound in the garrison city of Rawalpindi, and troops were trying to flush them out hours after the initial assault, an intelligence official said. An Associated Press reporter at the scene heard four gunshots from inside the compound - long after an army spokesman said the situation was under control. The audacious assault was the third major militant attack in Pakistan in a week and came as the government said it was planning an imminent offensive against Islamist militants in their strongholds in the rugged mountains along the border with Afghanistan. It showed that the militants retain the ability to strike at the very heart of Pakistan's security apparatus despite recent military operations against their forces and the killing of Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud in a CIA drone attack in August. Army spokesman Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas initially said troops had killed all four attackers, ending the assault. But at least two more gunmen had slipped into the headquarters compound and eluded security forces for several hours, according to an intelligence official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media. Troops were closing in on the men and trying to capture or kill them, the official said. The fighting killed eight soldiers, he said.

Reminds me of this story:

Police taken hostage while arresting 3/3 suspect * Alleged terrorist’s neighbours disarm police, help Ali Shair escape * Advocate says villagers got furious after police opened indiscriminate fire, injured children By Rana Tanveer LAHORE: One of the suspects of the Liberty terrorist attack who was arrested managed to escape after his neighbours intervened and attacked the police party, eventually taking the police as hostages, Daily Times learnt on Wednesday. Sources said on directions of the Sahiwal district police officer (DPO), the City Chichawatni Police Station House Officer (SHO) Rao Shafqaat along with Elite Force personnel, raided and arrested one Ali Shair from the jurisdiction of Renala Police Station in Okara. The police had wanted Shair for his alleged involvement in the 3/3 terrorist attack in Lahore and several other cases of murder and robbery. The Punjab government had announced Rs 600,000 as his head money. Police robbed: Police sources said they had arrested Shair but his neighbours succeeded in arranging his escape by taking the police as hostages after seizing their weapons. They said the accused escaped with nine sub machine guns, one 444-bore rifle, two 30-bore pistols, a wireless set, six mobile phones, and Rs 50,000 in cash after robbing the police. However, after intervention of other police officers, the hostages were released. They said over 200 people attacked the police with sophisticated weapons and took the policemen as hostages. They said the policemen were seen in torn uniform after the attack of villagers and were admitted at the Sahiwal District Headquarters Hospital for treatment. No case had been registered against the accused for attacking or robbing police officials until the filing of this report. Instead, Advocate Mehmood filed a first information report (FIR) against the station house officer (SHO) and nine unidentified policemen at the Renala Police Station for injuring his brother Asif. He said Asif was playing in the village when policemen opened indiscriminate fire and injured him. Mehmood said the act of opening indiscriminate fire had angered the people, who then attacked the police. He denied knowing Shair and alleged there was no criminal in sight. Renala Police Station moharrar Amjad Hussain said the injured police officials had not filed a complaint for registration of the FIR. He said SHO Rao Shafqaat was in the hospital after suffering serious injuries. He said the other policemen were in stable condition. The moharrar said the area had been declared a zone extremely unsafe for the police but it still raided the area to arrest the criminal. Source: http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2009/03/12/story_12-3-2009_pg13_7

Now the bad thing is there will be some bomb blast in India somewhere
That's the sad part, everybody wants to judge others but not their own house. The blame game will continue on and sadly it will end with the innocent people suffering from both side of the border one day. And all this sh*t for a piece of land. Ego kills:((

Hasn't the Pakistani Taliban already claimed credit for the attack? Why are they accusing RAW then?
Pakistani #1: Something weird happened last night. Pakistani #2: What? Pakistani #1: I went to the bathroom, and when I flushed, all the poo in the toilet went away. It was weird. I miss my poo (its usually in my brain). Pakistani #2: It is probably RAW and BCCI's doing. Pakistani #1: Yes, you are right. I knew I smelled something bad in the bathroom last night. End of discussion. I hope that answers your question.

Pakistani #1: Something weird happened last night. Pakistani #2: What? Pakistani #1: I went to the bathroom, and when I flushed, all the poo in the toilet went away. It was weird. I miss my poo (its usually in my brain). Pakistani #2: It is probably RAW and BCCI's doing. Pakistani #1: Yes, you are right. I knew I smelled something bad in the bathroom last night. End of discussion. I hope that answers your question.
:haha: but true

I just visited the padosi forum...the blame is already on RAW and "revenge attacks" after Indian embassy was bombed in Afghanistan They will blame everyone else but themselves...
off late I have started to beleive these stories. If they are true then Im proud of RAW. We need to return the favor every time they do something to India. Had we started this in 80s then Kashmir situation would have been much better today. Honestly, I dont see any other way India can stop pakistan from attacking Indians.

Everything wrong which happens in pak is blamed on --RAW && BCCI(for cricket only ofcourse). So this attack was definitely to be blamed on RAW. And pak people also stupidly agree to their govt propaganda --a govt that spends money given by US for aid ,spends it on bombs and terror missions. Anyways i think if RAW was seriously involved in blasts -- 1. all of Pak would have been blasted till now 2. these pakis if they really had proof -would not have left a chance to belittle India in UN or before other countries