Nehra is awful and should not be anywere near Indian team

Nehra bowled beautifully in this series. Infact most penetrative bowler of all. Ball was zipping around he was unplayable on several occasions. He took the onus of bowling upfront and death bowling. I am more than satisfied with his performance. When was the last time an Indina fast bowler clocked 147 k.
Nehra has been the best Indian bowler since his comeback to the team. This guy has the heart of a lion to come back from stress fractures and ankle surgery. No one who's been in that situation can even begin to fathom the determination and sheer will it requires to come back from that. If some of the younger bolwers like Sreesanth, Pathan, Munaf had Nehra's committment and dedication then they would be match winners already.

Nehra awful again today. But as usual the fans fav will have poeple running to his defence eg poor guy bowled in power players, was unlucky, actually did bowl well just figures for 6 games(which are awful) in a row just don't do him justic blah blah! He is simply not good enough and people need to stop burying their heads in the sand about it. We will not win a world cup with this waste of space in the team!

Nehra awful again today. But as usual the fans fav will have poeple running to his defence eg poor guy bowled in power players, was unlucky, actually did bowl well just figures for 6 games(which are awful) in a row just don't do him justic blah blah! He is simply not good enough and people need to stop burying their heads in the sand about it. We will not win a world cup with this waste of space in the team!
In a game where Australia were chasing an insignificat total and there was no risk in hitting out you choose to criticize Nehra now? Especially when it was once again the top order in batting that failed miserabely? Wow, congrats on being such a douche.
We will not win a world cup with this waste of space in the team!
Well we nearly did in 03. He actually bowled ok in the final when Srinath and Zaheer got smashed. Not to mention the fantastic spell vs England, good hual vs SL too IIRC. The guy is a good bowler, especially so in ODIs. He should be in the test squad
I'm afraid today you cannot really blame the bowlers, the blame must fall upon the batsmen, today is a day when unless your bowler is bowling rank full tosses, half volley and long hops, you cannot begdudge your bowlers. Today is a day to blame Tendulkar and the likes for the crumble with the willow. Not Tendulkar as he is a mere mortal (not God as many idiots suggest) and will fail too. But India have got exactly what they deserve for being over confident against a VERY VERY disclipined Aussie side.
Nehra awful again today.
Here we go again, another opportunistic rant! :laugh: Nice strategy you’ve got going here. Lie low when Nehra bowls well (which has done for an awful lot of times, in the last 6 months) and on occasions when things don’t work out for him, spring into action and slander him…:D
But as usual the fans fav will have poeple running to his defence eg poor guy bowled in power players, was unlucky, actually did bowl well just figures for 6 games(which are awful) in a row just don't do him justic blah blah!
Well, we didn’t say that he did not bowl well because the stars were not aligned properly or the ‘vaastu’ wasn’t suitable for him. We gave you genuine cricketing reasons. Why don’t you try countering them?
He is simply not good enough and people need to stop burying their heads in the sand about it. We will not win a world cup with this waste of space in the team!
But he’s certainly good enough to help us reach the WC finals, which we did in 2003, after a gap of 20 years. :giggle: Man, I am detecting something truly odd here. It almost seems as though you’re hoping Nehra performs badly, in sharp contrast to the rest of us, who seem sort of glad he has been doing well. What happened Dsr? I always thought you to be a true patriot? But here, rather bizzarely, you seem to be actively rooting against the best ODI bowler in the Indian team for the last 6 months? Whats gone wrong?

Well MM while you others were drooling over rubbish like I Pathan and Kaif. I came out and identified pretty quick that they were not good enough and frankly rubbish. Give me some credit for that at least?:winky: Also note when I started this thread. I put my head on the line and started in when many were hailing Nehra as brillinat. I started this after ChampionsTrophy when many were praising him after what many saw as great performances(not me). Now give me some credit since I again put my neck on the block and saw through him. He has proved me 100% with his poor performances in oz series. I called it right and its time others start to realise. On those very helpful SA tracks he had his flash in the pan performances. I called it right as I knew on less helpful pitches he would be cannon fodder. Ironically the pitches have at times been helpful for pacers and yet he still has bowled pants and got spanked, meaning even the halpess Ishant has a better economy rate. Also lets not forget his crime against humainty fielding and batting and you can see why I am anti the great toothed one. I of course would love to have had him prove me wrong. Unfortunatley my cricket eye called it right again:--D I am also hearing nasty rumours he may make the test squad. If this happens I may have to consider a taliban style suicide jihadi mission on the selectors!

^ KT,its not like any of us has hailed Nehra as the best thing to have happened to us.wen he was doing well,he got praises,we know he is not a reliable bowler wen hes doing well give him credit instead of waiting for him to be 'exposed'. as for this series,yes hes not been great,but still picked 7 wickets.second best for India behing Bhajji. His fielding n batting is bad but still better than Munaf.wen a bowler is bowling well,its all that matters