India v Australia ODIs in India, 2009

Feed

Sehwag, Yuvraj take part in net session Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh joined the rest of the Indian cricket team in an over two-hour long net session to prepare for the seven-match ODI series against Australia starting October 25. More... 22/10/2009 Sehwag, Yuvraj take part in net session Mumbai: Returning from injuries, dashing batsmen Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh joined the rest of the Indian cricket team in an over two-hour long net session to prepare for the seven-match ODI series against Australia starting October 25. Sehwag, who has recovered from a shoulder injury, and Yuvraj, still nursing a fractured finger, looked comfortable during their stay in the middle at the Mumbai Cricket Association's Bandra-Kurla complex grounds. While Sehwag was his usual self, trying to hoick the bowlers out of the ground, Yuvraj looked at ease facing the likes of Ishant Sharma, Sudeep Tyagi, Amit Mishra and Virat Kohli. Senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar had a half-an-hour stint against medium pacers Praveen Kumar, Munaf Patel, Ashish Nehra and off-spinner Harbhajan Singh as the team practiced ahead of the series that starts in Vadodara. Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who warmed up by sharpening his wicketkeeping skills, was seen practising big shots. Meanwhile, coach Gary Kirsten, who had arrived here on Tuesday, took charge of the catching and fielding drills in the absence of fielding coach Robin Singh who, along with bowling coach Venkatesh Prasad, who were sacked by the BCCI last week. Source: PTI

"Indians can expect lot of chin-music" Aussie speedster Mitchell Johnson issued a warning to the Indian batsmen saying that they should expect a lot of chin-music. More... Thursday 22nd October 2009 "Indians can expect lot of chin-music" Aussie speedster Mitchell Johnson issued a warning to the Indian batsmen saying that they should expect a lot of chin-music. "You want chin music, there'll be a lot of chin music," Johnson said when asked why the Australian team have not talked about targeting the Indian batsmen, who have recently been under fire for their failure to cope with rising deliveries, with the short-pitched deliveries. Johnson, who was named as the ICC Player of the Year for 2008-09, said he had not expected the top honour especially after a poor Ashes where his performance with the ball came under severe criticism. "Honestly, I didn't feel I might win any award. Thought I had a little chance with the Test award but that went to Gautam (Gambhir)," he said. "The award totally surprised me, especially after my performance against England. I am quite proud of it," said the left armer who has 102 ODI and 114 Test wickets to his name. On his disappointing performance in the Ashes, Johnson said, "the Lord's game was the hardest game. I was thinking about every other thing other than bowling a good line and length. I was pretty disappointed."

I think someone should remind the Aussies that this is not the 90s and neither are we a team of Manjrekars and Arun Lals. They have the barefaced cheek to come our country, knowing that we are THE most resurgent ODI team in the world in the last 15 months, knowing that we whooped their arses for a historic test series win the last time they were here and then talk all trash about us.

I think someone should remind the Aussies that this is not the 90s and neither are we a team of Manjrekars and Arun Lals. They have the barefaced cheek to come our country, knowing that we are THE most resurgent ODI team in the world in the last 15 months, knowing that we whooped their arses for a historic test series win the last time they were here and then talk all trash about us.
werent the same siddle lee and johnson thrashed in the tests the last time around.johnson hasnt improved too much since than........only lee has got better....and siddle.....well i dont think he will be a factor in subcontinent