Is it too early for Sudeep Tyagi?

rkt.india

Regarding his selection, he had tried out for a couple of years along with about 1000 other bowlers who would get to bowl 2-3 overs to impress the selectors. After a couple of failures, it was at one of these camps that Kaif and another person( whose name I forget) spotted Tyagi.In his first season in Ranji, he topped the wicket columns with 41 wickets and taking 10 on debut. Sudeep Tyagi has already got back stress fractures after bowling 300+ overs in domestic cricket in the first season of domestic cricket while playing under the captaincy of Mohammad Kaif for Uttar Pradesh. It was for this reason that he couldnt take part in the first season of IPL. Instead Manpreet Gony kind of impressed people with his pace and got a chance to represent India in ODIs. And the rest as they is history.

Regarding his selection, he had tried out for a couple of years along with about 1000 other bowlers who would get to bowl 2-3 overs to impress the selectors. After a couple of failures, it was at one of these camps that Kaif and another person( whose name I forget) spotted Tyagi.In his first season in Ranji, he topped the wicket columns with 41 wickets and taking 10 on debut. Sudeep Tyagi has already got back stress fractures after bowling 300+ overs in domestic cricket in the first season of domestic cricket while playing under the captaincy of Mohammad Kaif for Uttar Pradesh. It was for this reason that he couldnt take part in the first season of IPL. Instead Manpreet Gony kind of impressed people with his pace and got a chance to represent India in ODIs. And the rest as they is history.
Is Kaif still the captain of UP :doh:
Instead Manpreet Gony kind of impressed people with his pace and got a chance to represent India in ODIs. And the rest as they is history.
History worth remembering or history worth forgetting? Tell us more about this fellow Gony's success in ODI cricket! For those of us stuck up on test cricket and other archaic, longer forms of the game - how about filling us in on how the Great Find of the first Twenty20 Circus stormed the ODI scene with his great T20 tamasha skills? Did he perform any feats that inspired Sidharth Monga to produce a Hemingway-like ode on Cricinfo comparing him to Allan Donald, Andy Roberts or Craig McDermott?
History worth remembering or history worth forgetting? Tell us more about this fellow Gony's success in ODI cricket! For those of us stuck up on test cricket and other archaic, longer forms of the game - how about filling us in on how the Great Find of the first Twenty20 Circus stormed the ODI scene with his great T20 tamasha skills? Did he perform any feats that inspired Sidharth Monga to produce a Hemingway-like ode on Cricinfo comparing him to Allan Donald, Andy Roberts or Craig McDermott?
First of all, off topic post! Secondly, you took it out of context, where I was mentioning that Gony got a chance while Sudeep Tyagi got injured during the first IPL. Thirdly, Gony only played TWO ODI's. I am sure you can agree that's not enough to measure the success/failure of a bowler and that too on the dead pitches of Pakistan. And these players have usually done well in first class cricket before appearing in IPL 'circus'.

Do you only point out off topic posts when you disagree with them? Why aren't you going around every other thread on this forum and pointing out when they go off topic? Meanwhile, the questions remain unanswered. "For those of us stuck up on test cricket and other archaic, longer forms of the game - how about filling us in on how the Great Find of the first Twenty20 Circus stormed the ODI scene with his great T20 tamasha skills? Did he perform any feats that inspired Sidharth Monga to produce a Hemingway-like ode on Cricinfo comparing him to Allan Donald, Andy Roberts or Craig McDermott?" In the two ODIs he played, how did Gony bowl? Was he a threat with the new ball? Threat with the old? Did he cause problems for any top batsmen or get any significant wickets?

And these players have usually done well in first class cricket before appearing in IPL 'circus'.
BTW, I notice now you're suddenly giving some credence to first-class cricket performances, after going on and on about how this format "demands lappebaazigars my friends. It is also a skill which not everyone possesses." Most people are picked for international cricket on the basis of the skill, ability and performances they show in first class cricket. That's why pretty much everyone from Sachin Tendulkar to Gautam Gambhir got picked. Manpreet Gony was one of the first IPL poster boys and got picked purely on the basis of his IPL performances. His first class record is dismal, and if it wasn't for his showing in a hit and giggle format that some people took too seriously, he would have never stood a chance of selection. So how did a purely IPL-based selection turn out there?
Do you only point out off topic posts when you disagree with them? Why aren't you going around every other thread on this forum and pointing out when they go off topic?
What? You want me to go around posting in every thread pointing out Off Topic posts? I have better things to do.
Meanwhile, the questions remain unanswered. "For those of us stuck up on test cricket and other archaic, longer forms of the game - how about filling us in on how the Great Find of the first Twenty20 Circus stormed the ODI scene with his great T20 tamasha skills? Did he perform any feats that inspired Sidharth Monga to produce a Hemingway-like ode on Cricinfo comparing him to Allan Donald, Andy Roberts or Craig McDermott?" In the two ODIs he played, how did Gony bowl? Was he a threat with the new ball? Threat with the old? Did he cause problems for any top batsmen or get any significant wickets?
Again, you're assuming and making an ass out of u and me. You're making up stuff for the sake of arguing with me. I still dont know what's your argument? That I called you stuck up in Test cricket or I mentioned Gony's name when all I was telling about Tyagi. I did not say Gony is the ultimate thing to come out of IPL. You ass-u-med that! Yes, you're stuck up in Test cricket so much that you cannot tell the difference between t20, ODI, and Test cricket. You want me to justify, ODI selection based on t20, and you want to justify t20 merits based on Test cricket. Yeah, you're totally stuck up.
BTW, I notice now you're suddenly giving some credence to first-class cricket performances, after going on and on about how this format "demands lappebaazigars my friends. It is also a skill which not everyone possesses."
Umm.. I was talking about t20 cricket and again you're mixing formats t20 and Test cricket. Look who's stuck up in Test cricket again eh?
Most people are picked for international cricket on the basis of the skill, ability and performances they show in first class cricket. That's why pretty much everyone from Sachin Tendulkar to Gautam Gambhir got picked. Manpreet Gony was one of the first IPL poster boys and got picked purely on the basis of his IPL performances. His first class record is dismal, and if it wasn't for his showing in a hit and giggle format that some people took too seriously, he would have never stood a chance of selection. So how did a purely IPL-based selection turn out there?
I did not argue for ODI selection based on IPL. That's something you assumed again. What I said was that Gony got two matches on flat pitches in Pakistan where Indian batsmen score over 650+ runs in two matches. Again you ass-umed.

You don't comprehend a thing, do you? There's no point explaining the number of spurious and pointless correlations (without any causation) that you highlight, or the number of other flaws in your arguments. I think I'll give up arguing with you and find others who can actually understand some reason, logic and have a little knowledge about the game. Stick to your Yuvraj posters and IPL Lions cheerleading squads. Try and watch a bit of cricket some time when the circus is over, you might learn a thing or two.

You don't comprehend a thing, do you? There's no point explaining the number of spurious and pointless correlations (without any causation) that you highlight, or the number of other flaws in your arguments. I think I'll give up arguing with you and find others who can actually understand some reason, logic and have a little knowledge about the game. Stick to your Yuvraj posters and IPL Lions cheerleading squads. Try and watch a bit of cricket some time when the circus is over, you might learn a thing or two.
yeah, like you telling me to justiify ODI selection based on IPL and t20 exploits based on Test cricket, and then writing off a bowler based on two ODIs played on the flattest of pitches in Pakistan where the Indian batsmen scored 650+ runs in two innings. Good application of your cricketing knowledge! All of your arguments based on ASSumptions created by yourself. Since you dont even watch t20, how do you even know what its about? Good Job!
Yep. With Ishant taking a beating in last game, Dhoni has all the reasons to play Tyagi now ahead of Ishant. Plus the series is 2-2, So Tyagi would love to bowl when series is leveled and he needs to put India ahead in the series.
I will be surprised if Ishant will be dropped from the team for Tyagi. Munaf has more chances of replacing Ishant than Tyagi and I think Tyagi will have to wait for his turn to don an Indian shirt.
I will be surprised if Ishant will be dropped from the team for Tyagi. Munaf has more chances of replacing Ishant than Tyagi and I think Tyagi will have to wait for his turn to don an Indian shirt.
Ya Munaf is a strong candidate for Ishant's replacement but you know Dhoni has always surprised everyone with his player's inclusion in the team. Remember how he threw Praveen Kumar in the final 11 for the cwb best of 3 finals. Would be nice to see him given Tyagi a chance here