[Insert = Indian Masala] We will hand India a whitewash: Brett Lee [/Insert]

Andy

Still more than a week to go before the Australia tour to India gets underway, but Aussies are sounding extremely confident. The game may not have begun, but the verbal battle certainly has. India versus Australia, experts say is the real deal and is not for the faint-hearted. This crucial series is where the winner takes it all, be it the prize, the glory or the accolades. However, the visiting Aussies have already started firing the salvos before the war commences on the battlefield. Pacer Brett Lee said, "We don't want to come over here saying that we are favourites. But we do want to achieve a 7-0 whitewash, that is if we play decent cricket." This statement comes after the speedster, playing for the NSW Blues in Champions League, had made his intentions clear for the series. He had said, "I don't have any specific batsman in my mind. But any batsman from number 1 to number 10 is fine with me." However, Lee is not the only one. Former Aussies pacer Glenn McGrath too put his side on the top. He said, "I think the Australian team has been playing some good one-day cricket off late and they are tough to beat." Meanwhile, former Aussie great Ian Chappell too joined in with a few jabs saying, "If Australians are out there playing, they are there to win." And though Australia will be playing the 7-match series in India, according to McGrath, Ponting's men will have the upper hand. "Over here in Indian conditions, we will be hard to beat. But there will also be a bit of pressure on them to play well at home." Brett Lee too echoes the same sentiment. He said, "Having played in the Champions League this season, will help me bowl in these conditions." However, the last word in the saga came from McGrath. He said, "There will be a lot of pressure on the Indian team. The Australian team has been playing well so they will come over here and enjoy the charge." So, the stage is set and the actors are waiting in the wings, only for the curtain to rise.

Still more than a week to go before the Australia tour to India gets underway, but Aussies are sounding extremely confident. The game may not have begun, but the verbal battle certainly has. India versus Australia, experts say is the real deal and is not for the faint-hearted.
Really people....do u guys always got to be so mellodramatic abt every thing....?:winky:
Really people....do u guys always got to be so mellodramatic abt every thing....?:winky:
If you can flaunt about beating WI C team, then I guess we hold our rights to brag about our series vs recent CT champs Australia. Thank You:winky:
If you can flaunt about beating WI C team' date=' then I guess we hold our rights to brag about our series vs recent CT champs Australia. Thank You:winky:[/quote'] mashallah, that is some kosher pwnage.
mashallah' date=' that is some kosher pwnage.[/quote'] Good work BB....U got yourself some cheerleaders. anyways its not like India won some qualification to gain the rights to play the series against the recent CT winner.....which would than give u the bragging rights Anyways little less on the drama is all that i asked for but I guess bollywood is all u get to see with Team India and its supporters.... :winky:
Good work BB....U got yourself some cheerleaders. anyways its not like India won some qualification to gain the rights to play the series against the recent CT winner.....which would than give u the bragging rights Anyways little less on the drama is all that i asked for but I guess bollywood is all u get to see with Team India and its supporters.... :winky:
I'm one of BB's cheerleaders and I'm not Indian :aetsch: