ICF Magic Moments - What would you like to see?

Mr. Wicket

ICF Magic Moments - What would you like to see?  

1. 1.

• Steve Waugh's one legged heroics at the Oval
    • Ganguly's 144 at Brisbane
    • The great Donald/Atherton battle
    • Lara's 400 not out
    • Hadlee's 9 wicket haul against Australia
    • Other (please suggest)

Throwing it out to you readers. The ICF Magic Moments has really picked up some momentum recently thanks to sunny and Gunner's contributions. There is some great reading material on old games and great moments in cricket for those interested in either cricket history, great players/events in cricket or just good reading material. We've featured pieces on some of the great West Indian quick bowlers (Ambrose, Marshall), on some of the great batting epics (Tendulkar at Perth and the Kolkata miracle), and other truly historic moments like the first Tied Test, Walsh's sportsmanship in the 1987 WC and Warne's Ball of the Century. Now - what other moments, players or events would you like to see some write ups on? Do keep in mind that not every request may lead to an article. We do like to write on games we've either watched or have the ability to research well, and of course those that either really merit such writeups as magic moments, or those we can do justice to. But any thoughts, requests or other suggestions from you for future pieces? Also take note: For those wishing to write articles for this section, please feel free to PM me or post it here.

A few Magic Moments from the WC please, post 1996, I could relate to them better :--D. However one game which I would defn love to read about would be this one -> Link One of the games edged into my memory as a young 7 year old getting to grips with the beautiful game, I was planning to do this one myself but then again If you could find the time to write one on this, would be brilliant.

I voted Hadlees 9 wkt haul- because I dont know anything about it I think thats what I want from a 'magic moment' the rest of it on the poll I have watched or, read about at the time. It will be good if something was recreated from before my time to give me an appreciation of how magic it was

A few Magic Moments from the WC please, post 1996, I could relate to them better :--D. However one game which I would defn love to read about would be this one -> Link One of the games edged into my memory as a young 7 year old getting to grips with the beautiful game, I was planning to do this one myself but then again If you could find the time to write one on this, would be brilliant.
shane ur post 1996 world cup will be done.......i know exactly what to write about.....

Kapil Dev's 5fer v Australia @ MCG 1980/81 Kim Hughes and Dennis Lillee vs. Windies @ MCG, 1981/82 (game in which DK broke the test wicket-taking record. Border & Thomson's valiant last stand vs. England @ MCG, 1982/83 Remember this was at a time when the Melbourne wicket was at its worst. Yet there were some memorable tests played there.

Hardly a magic moment there Sachinism... more a mediocre moment. We're trying to highlight the GREAT moments and teams' date=' not just great examples of stupidity (or massively overrated cricketers hyped beyond reason, C.)[/quote'] fair enough, maybe someone could compile a list of stupid mistakes made costing the team the match