Have you ever had a stiff knee??

Cricketics

So yesterday I had a match rite after India's game was done. Due to late rain on saturday, the field was still wet on sunday when our game started. I was fielding and was running to pick up the ball to throw to the bowler and I slipped. I noticed i couldn't walk properly. It felt ike a stiff knee. Came home and bought a Knee brace from local CVS and put it on. The pain seems to be still on though i feel it has been little less then what it was yesterday. When I have to use stairs to go up or down, it pains. Have you ever been in this situation??? How long will it take to recover?? I have a game on Saturday, and that too a knockout quater final game.

yes i get it all the time cuz of outdoor running u've basically put too much pressure on ur knee at some stage just keep it in a support bandage and rest it for a few days if you can, on a more long term basis try taking glucosamine sulphate that shud help but u need to take it regularly hope that helps :icflove:

I once twisted my knee Done a long barrier to stop the ball, picked up, as I was about to stand up I felt something twinge, horrible pain. Hurt for weeks after. What happened when you slipped. Did you hit your knee, twist it, did it nearly bend the wrong way?
Didn't hit on knee. It actually twisted I think. My knee never hit the ground. My left and right leg took a stretch when i was picking up the ball, and Left leg's knee felt some pain rite away. It was actually on the right side of knee area. near the leg and thigh joint, but close to the knee area.

So yesterday I had a match rite after India's game was done. Due to late rain on saturday, the field was still wet on sunday when our game started. I was fielding and was running to pick up the ball to throw to the bowler and I slipped. I noticed i couldn't walk properly. It felt ike a stiff knee. Came home and bought a Knee brace from local CVS and put it on. The pain seems to be still on though i feel it has been little less then what it was yesterday. When I have to use stairs to go up or down, it pains. Have you ever been in this situation??? How long will it take to recover?? I have a game on Saturday, and that too a knockout quater final game.
i had a shoulder injury.......had to leave fast bowling then.......bowled off spinners there after

yes i get it all the time cuz of outdoor running u've basically put too much pressure on ur knee at some stage just keep it in a support bandage and rest it for a few days if you can' date=' on a more long term basis try taking glucosamine sulphate that shud help but u need to take it regularly hope that helps :icflove:[/quote'] hmm which chick this glucosamine sulphate out.

Didn't hit on knee. It actually twisted I think. My knee never hit the ground. My left and right leg took a stretch when i was picking up the ball' date=' and Left leg's knee felt some pain rite away. It was actually on the right side of knee area. near the leg and thigh joint, but close to the knee area.[/quote'] how is the movement?any pain while moving the knee joint?

Didn't hit on knee. It actually twisted I think. My knee never hit the ground. My left and right leg took a stretch when i was picking up the ball' date=' and Left leg's knee felt some pain rite away. It was actually on the right side of knee area. near the leg and thigh joint, but close to the knee area.[/quote'] That sounds very similar to what happened to me. I missed about 5 weeks of the season. I really didn't do anything about it, so can't advise you. Just carried on like normal and avoided and sharp movements with the knee. I was playing cricket in the back yard after about 2 weeks though, playing cricket but not doing anything to strenuous.

That sounds very similar to what happened to me. I missed about 5 weeks of the season. I really didn't do anything about it' date=' so can't advise you. Just carried on like normal and avoided and sharp movements with the knee. I was playing cricket in the back yard after about 2 weeks though, playing cricket but not doing anything to strenuous.[/quote'] Ya, I guess i would have to give this thing a rest. Why the hell did i watch so many bollywood wood movies(seven) last week. I have enough time to watch them now.

Didn't hit on knee. It actually twisted I think. My knee never hit the ground. My left and right leg took a stretch when i was picking up the ball' date=' and Left leg's knee felt some pain rite away. It was actually on the right side of knee area. near the leg and thigh joint, but close to the knee area.[/quote'] Go to a doctor, check it out, a knee twist could range from something simple as a MCL strain (2 weeks rest) to a much more serious ACL tear (surgery +6 months rehab), sometimes the ACL tear is very minor that it does not warrant surgery but does warrant rest and rehab, so dont take chances. I very recently had an MCL strain, so all the best.

Go to a doctor, check it out, a knee twist could range from something simple as a MCL strain (2 weeks rest) to a much more serious ACL tear (surgery +6 months rehab), sometimes the ACL tear is very minor that it does not warrant surgery but does warrant rest and rehab, so dont take chances. I very recently had an MCL strain, so all the best.
Hi. Thanx for replying. Ya iwas browsing feqw forums and something similar I read. Btw. What symptoms did you have to go through before havinng your mcl strain?

Hi. Thanx for replying. Ya iwas browsing feqw forums and something similar I read. Btw. What symptoms did you have to go through before havinng your mcl strain?
for ACL tear a the doctor can do a simple test and find out..........can you tell me if the movements at the knee joint are all right?how much pain and swelling?and whether you can stand with both legs striaght?

for ACL tear a the doctor can do a simple test and find out..........can you tell me if the movements at the knee joint are all right?how much pain and swelling?and whether you can stand with both legs striaght?
No swelling. Movement is all good. It's just that there is pain near the joint or to be precise, there is pain on the right side of the knee. When I get up from a seat, it pains as the leg which was stationary took some movement. When using stairs, it pains on that left leg knee so I am basically only using my right leg on stairs and slowly bringing my left leg forward to make it parallel to each other.

No swelling. Movement is all good. It's just that there is pain near the joint or to be precise' date=' there is pain on the right side of the knee. When I get up from a seat, it pains as the leg which was stationary took some movement. When using stairs, it pains on that left leg knee so I am basically only using my right leg on stairs and slowly bringing my left leg forward to make it parallel to each other.[/quote'] If there is no swelling, it is more than likely not an ACL tear. My MCL sprain was very similar had very little swelling, but for the first 2 days culd not put any weight on my knee, till 1 week it was paining in some angles, took me 2 complete weeks to feel normal again.