Zimboks whoop Bangles big time

zubinpepsi

WTF does FTP has to do with India being a newbie back in 1930. Trivia question : When did FTP start ? In the 2001-2006 ftp, Not only did Aus and England get more tests (India - 66, Aus - 76, Eng - 80) but both Aus and England hosted 50% or more of their games. India probably did 40%. Same with ODI's. While India got to play a lot more ODIs, they hosted only 1/3rd of their games while Aus and Eng did upward of 40%. Next time, atleast do some digging before calling something factual false. India may have taken 20 years to win their first test but they played only 25 or so tests in those 20 years. Besides that, India never lost 50% of their games by an innings, something BD can be very proud of doing in their 1st 25 or so tests. So do not compare BD with India. We werent utterly hopeless back then. Reg. Zim, it wasnt that the good players retired but Mugabe's witch hunt against white Zimbabweans that made what they are. What is this 26 out of 31 you are talking about? I thought it was the number of game you won in ODI's. Since it was that high, i assumed that it was against bad teams. Edit : Now i understand your stats. You have included bermuda,canada etc. So you are the best among the worst (or 2nd string). Everyone knew that already.
i was talking about FTP or whatever scheduling system they used from 1877-2000. and in that period, india and australia played nearly equal number of matches on average. england played a few more, but still comparable. as for 2000-2006, BCCI (and PCB) schedules a lot of ODIs. those ODIs take time as well, which could be used to play more tests. ECB and CA don't play as many ODIs and hence have more time to play more tests. then you have the ashes every 18 months which used to be the only "icon" series. i don't know if i inculded bermuda, canada, etc...but i can do a quick check of all "minnow series" since december 2004. zim - 3-2 sco - 2-0 ireland - 3-1 ken 4-0 ken 3-0 zim 2-3 zim 5-0 zim 3-1 ber 2-0 can 1-0 zim 2-2 zim 4-1 wi 3-0 zim current series 0-1 so that total is 37-11...hardly a "match or two" as someone claimed.

IIRC, there was no ICC scheduling system before FTP. Before that, Individual boards used to do it among themselves. ICC FTP came along in 2001 and gave more games to Eng and Aus. That was why India rejected the 1st draft for 2006-2012 FTP and had to fight to get more games (or match days as hosts) and wants more control in the next FTP. Its not comparable in any way. A board gets TV sponsorship money by the number of days it hosts. A disparity of 10 tests is a loss of revenue for 50 days of cricket or over 15%. That is a significant amount of money lost. Like i said, BD is clearly the best among the worst. But there is a huge disparity between the top 8 and BD. The person you quoted was wrong since its "match or two" only with the top 8 and not the rest.

if you find it difficult to win and are thrashed by a team which has not been in the international scene such as Zimbabwe then why are you concerned about playing the big teams.. at first rise above the standards of Zimbabwe and Kenya and then think about playing with the big teams :winky:
boy, this thread ended up being about as premature as me writing this post a week ago.
The world beating tigers struggled to 1 wicket win over ultra minnows Zimbabwe. :hysterical:
We atleast managed to beat the ultra minnow Zimbabwe and the 2nd string WestIndies, unfortunately One cannot say the same thing abt India against an massively understrength Aussie side....
We atleast managed to beat the ultra minnow Zimbabwe and the 2nd string WestIndies' date=' unfortunately One cannot say the same thing abt India against an massively understrength Aussie side....[/quote'] That is an excellent comparison. Bang-zim vs India-Australia. How can anyone be so intelligent?:omg:
That is an excellent comparison. Bang-zim vs India-Australia. How can anyone be so intelligent?:omg:
I know dude.....I guess a much of my intelligence stems from reading posts on ICF where the indian fans tend to believe that they have the best team in the world.....:omg: