Retired....yet not out - Younis

Guest Hiten.

Younis could return to Twenty20 cricket despite having retired from the format after leading his team to the world title in England in June this year. In a television interview with Geo Super, Younis nudged the door open for a possible return to a format he thought he was too old for. "If my fellow players accept me and the nation wants me to," Younis said, "I will come back to playing Twenty20 internationals." Younis had announced his retirement at a press conference right after Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by eight wickets at Lord's to win the final. Ijaz Butt, the PCB chairman, had said at the time that he would try and get Younis to change his mind though Pakistan seemed to have moved past that by appointing Afridi as the Twenty20 captain. Afridi led Pakistan to a Twenty20 win against Sri Lanka in the summer and will lead them in internationals against New Zealand and Australia, before spearheading Pakistan's defence of the world title in April next year in the West Indies. And responding to Younis, Afridi, on the same show a night later, said Younis was "more than welcome" to return and would even "step down from the captaincy and play under Younis Khan". Younis had recently resigned as Pakistan captain from all formats following allegations of match-fixing during the ICC Champions Trophy in South Africa and murmurs about factions in the team and management working to undermine him. The Pakistan board, however, rejected the resignation and Butt came out in support of Younis, who then said he was happy to take back the captaincy after certain conditions were met. Afridi again refuted reports of a rift with Younis but did confirm that some other players had problems with Younis after the Champions Trophy, which were now resolved. "The players informed me about their problems," Afridi said. "I told them it was better if they directly communicate their problems to Younis, an idea which they didn't like." Afridi said he had already informed both Younis and the PCB chairman about the players' problems and he hoped in future there will be no communication gap between team players and the captain. "The problem with our players is they don't speak their heart out and that's where the communication gap comes in," Afridi said Younis has played 22 Twenty20 internationals, scoring 432 runs at an average of 25.41 with a strike rate of 124.85. Pakistan's next Twenty20 assignment is two matches against New Zealand in Dubai in November. - Cricinfo
When was the last time a Pakistani made a statement and stuck by it ? :wall:

Attention who res. It seems to be an increasing trait with these Pakistani players. The batsmen bully teams to pieces on flat tracks, the bowlers push around mediocre opposition in their celebrated series wins against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, then they realize the rest of the world still has absolutely no regard for them and never will - not until said players learn how to actually perform with some backbone in other conditions like England and Australia. So then because their magnificent circus slogging exploits in the Islamabad Politicians Bank for Embezzled Funds domestic T20 tournament get no regard, because nobody really cared about their series accomplishments against the might of Prosper Utseya and Habibul Bashar, and because nobody also gives a sh-t how many times the Ys pile up big hundreds on flat tracks where Courtney Walsh might hit 20, they try and keep using other attention seeking tactics. Afridi retires and unretires, Mohammad Yousuf jumps from league to league in the hopes that someone, anyone, outside Pakistan who has more significance than Sidharth Monga will notice him and write a Monga-like ode fawning over his abilities and value, and now Younis Khan is trying the Afridi route in hopes of finding some sympathy, attention and perhaps a little more self-validation for his flat track bullying and his smiling capabilities in all conditions.